PDA

View Full Version : Spalted Pecan and Claro Walnut Mills For a Special Person

Michael Tucker
03-30-2013, 8:03 PM
I graduated from a small school in Texas (class size of 60) and I went to that school from kindergarten through 12th grade. Through the wonders of social media, aka Facebook, I have been able to keep in touch with my 3rd grade teacher who was a powerful influence on my life both when I was in school and for these almost 3 decades since I graduated from high school even though I have moved almost 1000 miles away. Mrs. Anders wanted a salt and pepper mill so I was honored to make these for her. They are out of claro walnut and spalted pecan and the finish is Pens Plus from http://doctorswoodshop.com. This is my favorite design for mills because it is simple and it focuses your attention on the beauty of the wood instead of the design.

Mike

Clint Merrill
03-30-2013, 8:16 PM
Well done Mike !!!

Functional, attractive and easy to care for. Nice job .

Harry Robinette
03-30-2013, 9:30 PM
Outstanding,She really must be special because those are very special and Beautiful.

Thomas Canfield
03-30-2013, 9:49 PM
Nice mills and for a good cause. My class was 31 and I went to the funeral for my VoAg teacher this past week, who became a friend during the 50 years later. Some of the teachers really made a difference, and sadly most are gone before we let them know.