PDA

View Full Version : How to tell Blum hinges apart?

Dave Cav
03-30-2013, 5:52 PM
My neighbor wants me to build him a small cabinet for his dining room. He gave me a box of a dozen Blum hinges to use. There are six that snap shut, and six that do not. The ones that snap shut have some plastic parts in them. Otherwise they appear identical. Any way to tell what kind they are? BTW, these are older hinges, not newer models.

I need four (or six) full overlay for the two outside doors, and four (or six) half overlay for the two inside doors.

I haven't used Blum hinges in years as most of my work is furniture, not cabinets, but if I can reuse his hinges it will save quite a bit on hardware.

thanks

Michael Wildt
03-30-2013, 8:12 PM
Blum have the part number stamped on the back of the hinge cup or the 'ears' of the cup, if I recall correct. Google that on the blum web site.
For those that do not snap shut it could be that they have internal broken plastic. If its the 33 compact series then they are very limb since the plastic part that is the 'spring' breaks and they may not close. That said it may not be the issue.

Dave Cav
03-30-2013, 9:04 PM
These are very old Blums, but it did come up on Ebay. 170 degree, full overlay. Thanks for telling me where to look; I missed those numbers.