PDA

View Full Version : My Best Birthday Ever!!!

Raymond Fries
03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Today I officially retired from Nestle after 20 years of service. I am so excited to start spending more time playing in the shop instead of being the IT Support guy.

When I got home, there were fun retirement signs everywhere. My favorite was the one on my alarm clock. It was the one with the numbers in a heap at the bottom that said "Who Cares. I am retired" My wife is a sweetheart!!!

Just had to share the excitement.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Congratulations Raymond! I found it a bit scarey at first....not knowing how the financial situation would actually fall out as compared to what the "theoretical financial plan" was.... In short...retirement can be a lot of fun! Enjoy!

Lornie McCullough
03-30-2013, 1:50 AM
Life BEGINS at retirement. Enjoy!

Lornie

glenn bradley
03-30-2013, 7:19 AM
Congrats! You've earned it. Enjoy!

Paul McGaha
03-30-2013, 7:27 AM
Congratulations Raymond,

and happy birthday!!!

PHM

Rich Engelhardt
03-30-2013, 8:01 AM
Congratulations - I think.... ;).

I retired from the IT field in August of 2011 and can't stand it. The economic/real estate market tossed a monkey wrench into my retirement plans.
I was more than happy to get out of the IT/techno rat race though. It's been nice to just sit back and let things like Win 8 and smart phones & apps just go by and not care about them.

I'm really getting antsy though to go back to work & start drawing a pay check again though.
For economic reasons that are too involved to go into here, I have to just sit back and cool my jets for another 18/19 months.

Oh yeah, there is one real bright spot to being retired....an afternoon nap!

Keith Outten
03-30-2013, 9:10 AM
Today I officially retired from Nestle after 20 years of service. I am so excited to start spending more time playing in the shop instead of being the IT Support guy.

When I got home, there were fun retirement signs everywhere. My favorite was the one on my alarm clock. It was the one with the numbers in a heap at the bottom that said "Who Cares. I am retired" My wife is a sweetheart!!!

Just had to share the excitement.

Raymond,

Congratulations on your retirement! Here's hoping that you stay busy and healthy for a very long time. I retired on 2-1-13 from my day job but I still have two other jobs so I haven't noticed any serious change other than I don't have to drive 40 miles per day anymore.

Keith

Todd Burch
03-30-2013, 9:14 AM
Congratulations Raymond! (and Keith!)

Russell Johnson
03-30-2013, 4:26 PM
Congratulations on you retirement!

Rod Sheridan
03-30-2013, 4:38 PM
Congratulations Raymond, I'm jealous, 5 more years for me...............Rod.

Jim Matthews
03-30-2013, 7:21 PM
I'll never retire.

My wife wants both of my kids to attend medical school.
I did nix naming the first one "Doctor".

I said that if we wanted to live our golden years on easy street, she should name one of them "Senator" and the other "Councilor".
But I digress...

Ted Calver
03-30-2013, 7:57 PM
Congratulations on your retirement Raymond.

Dave Ray
03-30-2013, 8:52 PM
Congrats and Happy Birthday

Jim Koepke
03-30-2013, 9:08 PM
Happy Birthday and have a great time doing what ever you like.

Retirement seemed so great to me that I left early.

The best part of my last day was the boss throwing a pizza party and me being able to play Johnny Paycheck's "Take this job and shove it" as I walked out the door.

jtk

Don Morris
03-31-2013, 1:18 AM
As long as you've got your finances in order, then retirement is absolutely wonderful. Congratulations. I find I'm just as busy, and spend as much or little time in the shop as I want. Can leave work in the shop undone to do something else, or work during the day to finish it. In other words, it's your choice. If LOML needs a driver, I can break and be a chaufer, or go to the latest sale somewhere just to see if there's something I can't live without. Keep your mind active, but do what you want at the pace you prefer.

Dennis Peacock
03-31-2013, 5:00 AM
Congrats on your retirement and Happy Birthday.!!!! I pray it all goes very well for you from this day forward.

Bruce Page
03-31-2013, 2:57 PM
Congrats on your retirement Raymond. I retired 27 months ago and couldn’t be happier. The thought of getting up at 5:00 everyday sends shudders through me. I love having a flexible schedule... :D

Raymond Fries
04-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the sentiments everyone....

Feels so RIGHT to be out of that place.

I got a really cool R/C helicopter as a retirement gift. Thought it would be so much fun to go back across the street from the facility and fly a banner back and forth that says "I am having fun. For Technical Support call Peggy."

Pretty cool to be able to get in here during the day. Maybe I can get some of those awesome tools that always seemed to sell while I was at work. Oh boy - there goes the tool budget....

Bill Cunningham
04-02-2013, 8:25 PM
Congrats.. I'm 66 but diligently working on my freedom 85 plan

Rich Engelhardt
04-03-2013, 7:22 AM
I got a really cool R/C helicopter as a retirement gift
Cool!

My boss gave me the laptop I'd been using for four years.
Sort of like giving a ditch digger his shovel when he leaves eh? :D