PDA

View Full Version : Graule radial arm saws

Cyril Thompson
03-29-2013, 4:47 PM
Hi, I just want to ask does anyone have any experience of Graule radial arm saws, at the moment I have a festal Kapax which is great but not big enough for what I need so thought I would enquire here many thanks.

Peter Kelly
03-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Really nice saws but aren't these meant for cutting wide aluminum extrusions? What are you planning on using it for?

Joe Calhoon
03-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Graule is the best radial arm made. Accurate and very ergonomic to use. They have a simple non electronic stop system or a tigerstop type system can be used.
To my knowledge there are no US importers but they are not that hard to buy direct. They also make a nice little glass bead saw.
Joe

Cyril Thompson
03-30-2013, 2:52 PM
First of all thanks for the replies, so now I will start from the beginning, I have a kapax 120 and I think it is superb for small stuff but it is not big enough for cutting the size of timber ( Lumber as I live in the UK ) That I use which can be anything up to 7 inches thick or more so I trawled the internet and Graule was the only one that looked like it would do what I was looking for. So I called the dealer after viewing the ZS170N on youtube because it looked as if it was made for cutting aluminium but they assured me that with different blades it was suitable for a range of materials including wood and that they have sold a lot of these saws to companies in the timber frame business etc. I have been looking for about year and asking a dvice about a saw that would be suitable for what I want and have come up with very little information so heres hoping that I may get some more information here. Regards Cyril