PDA

View Full Version : Eletrox laser wont print capital M

Joe Hillmann
03-29-2013, 2:44 PM
Matthew, If you are done having tea with the queen maybe you can help me out. I am running the laser at right now and for some reason it has stopped printing the capital letter M. It prints everything else then starts flashing undefined character .

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-29-2013, 4:03 PM
Have you tried a different font? Deleting that M and re-typing it from scratch? It's not the same as I have dealt with in the past, but I have dealt with some corrupt fonts that were never properly designed. When I would try to laser them, they would come out all warped and jagged. Once I opened the font in my font editing program, I found it had some serious design flaws that typical word processing & text programs would ignore when printing.

matthew knott
03-29-2013, 5:18 PM
It will be the font, try resending it, what font are you using? You could trying remaking the font in fontmaker ( if you have it) or try a different font!

matthew knott
03-29-2013, 5:21 PM
Ps fontmaker should be under tools on your software menu, I hate the way Electrox does there fonts, I can never remember what font I have used when reopening an old program, all you have is a number ! Now I put it in the block description so I can't find it again

AL Ursich
03-29-2013, 6:36 PM
This is just a WAG... Wild AL Guess.... But the Large Letters sometimes give the little hobby CNC machine I have problems... TO solve it... Try putting a Blank Space before the Letter.

Just another WAG from a guy that doesn't have a clue... :)

AL

matthew knott
03-30-2013, 7:46 PM
Did you get it working in the end?

Gary Hair
03-30-2013, 8:38 PM
I would convert the text to curves, that should solve the problem if it's a font specific issue.

Gary

Joe Hillmann
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
In the end, after trying everything else I thought may help, I had to create new text line blocks for every file I had that had a capital M and any file that may in the future have a capital M. I still have maybe a hundred or so files to go. I have been having small issues like this ever since I up graded software and from xp to vista.

George Carlson
04-01-2013, 3:34 PM
Sounds like you have run out of M's. Time to call the manufacturer for a refill. Beware of the aftermarket M's, sometimes they're poorly made and all you get is N's.

Happy April Fool's Day.

Walt Langhans
04-01-2013, 4:12 PM
I have been having small issues like this ever since I up graded software and from xp to vista.

There's you issue, ditch the Vista and go back to XP or upgrade to 7. Vista is junk...

matthew knott
04-01-2013, 4:32 PM
how odd, does it display ok in the software, what happens if you set the font to number 2? and what font are you using? sure we can get this working again!

Joe Hillmann
04-02-2013, 2:09 PM
As of right now I have it set as font three. I don't know how to change it. I also don't have it set up so it automatically sends the font when the computer connects to the laser. I have to send it manually. It displays exactly as it should. I am using a font that my mom had made to match here handwriting. In the screba software it is saved as Kathy calligraphy 143.elf

When it engraves it leaves the space for the M but doesn't engrave it. It does engrave the lower case m as it should.

matthew knott
04-02-2013, 4:33 PM
Ah, ok so its a special font you made then! I'm impressed not many people manage that!! Im having a similar problem myself, i cant get the degree symbol to print in font1, it displays but doesn't mark. So what you saying is if you add a new datablock and stick a capital M in, it all works fine? Can you email me the font & I can check it out for you: info at lasermarked . com
Cheers
Matt