PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll have to start turning again

Matt Ranum
03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
I haven't been around anything spinning for a while now as flat work has crept back into the shop, but looks like I'll have to start again. A friend in the tree service(in a neighboring state) called and said they were taking down a Crab Apple tree and wanted to know if I wanted some of the wood? He'll bring it back with him when he comes back in a couple weeks. Says he'll get some nice 6' pieces out of it and I told him if it had some nice sized crotches to grab a couple of those too.

If you look near the center of the pic you'll see a chainsaw, look at the size of the piece he is trimming up. :D

He brought me some nice Cherry last spring. Looks like I'm going to have to make him a bunch of pens at the least! :cool:

Chip Sutherland
03-28-2013, 2:50 PM
Come back to the vortex. Bring your friend. We like him, too.

Matt Ranum
03-28-2013, 4:47 PM
Come back to the vortex. Bring your friend. We like him, too.

Haha Between this and the neanderthal way... lets just say its a constant pull each way. Actually I've been try to talk him into keeping and selling some of the stuff he cuts, but so far no luck. I'll have to see what all he brings, maybe I should try and sell some and give him the cash to wet his appetite.

Jim Burr
03-28-2013, 9:32 PM
Gonna be a sweet haul Matt! Should keep you busy for a week or two!!