PDA

View Full Version : Introduction & Gloat...

John Cavanaugh
05-10-2005, 1:41 AM
Well after lurking around reading the message board for a couple months I figured its time to introduce myself to the crew.

Im a rookie woodworker that is slowly taking on bigger projects around the house etc. Woodworking is sort of my "alone time" where I get to do my own thing. Lately though Ive been trying to expand my tool collection to take on larger projects.

In fact here is my latest purchase. Its an Oasis Jointer purchased thru ToolMart in Escondido, the closed stand 6" model. I got it for 299. For that price I think I got a heck of a bargain in comparison to any other jointer at the price.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=19313&stc=1

Take care...

--
John Cavanaugh

Dan Forman
05-10-2005, 5:46 AM
John---I guess I get to be the first to welcome you to the Creek. Looks like a fine jointer, have heard only good things about the Oasis line. I'm sure it will serve you well. This is a great place, with a wealth of information to be found.

Dan

John Hart
05-10-2005, 6:37 AM
Howdy John! Welcome. I really like it here. There's a great bunch of folks with lots of good solid helpful advice and beautiful work. Have some coffee!:)

lou sansone
05-10-2005, 7:29 AM
welcome to SMC

you will find a whole group of friendly folks who have a lot of experience in ww and some who are really newbes.

lou

Jeff Sudmeier
05-10-2005, 8:21 AM
John, Welcome to the creek! The creek is a wonderful place, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Congrats on the new jointer! We would love to hear a review of it after you have had a chance to use it on a project or two.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2005, 9:21 AM
Welcome John! Take or leave information as you deem necessary.

mike malone
05-10-2005, 9:24 AM
Hi John...from a neighbor.
Don't forget to give us a review of the jointer when you've put it through its paces.
did you also look at the 8" taiwanese jointer that is a spitting image of the Delta DJ20?
mike

Lou Morrissette
05-10-2005, 9:36 AM
Welcome to the Creek, John. Lots of great folks here and plenty to learn. Nice looking jointer. Let us know how it performs.

Lou

John Cavanaugh
05-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi John...from a neighbor.
Don't forget to give us a review of the jointer when you've put it through its paces.
did you also look at the 8" taiwanese jointer that is a spitting image of the Delta DJ20?
mike

I did look at the Oasis 8" which is a clone of the DJ20. It was a nice beefy machine. Even though it is a huge bargain compared to the DJ20 itself, it was more than I needed and a bit out of my price range.

The guys at ToolMart were great, they were willing to answer all kinds of questions on the units. I asked about returns, failures, etc. They said they havent had any problems. In fact they said they had a stock of motors for the units in case something went wrong with a customers unit but they have been gathering dust in the warehouse.

--
John Cavanaugh