PDA

View Full Version : Hey Terry Hatfield

Scott Coffelt
05-09-2003, 10:36 AM
I sent this in an email, but then decided it might be something others want to know. What is the exact deminsion of the DE blower when completed using the Leeson motor and a 14" impeller? When properly installed, how much hangs over the edges of the cyclone? More clarification: Looking straight down the inlet side, and having the blower exhaust 90 degrees right. How much overhang is on the left side, back side specifically?

Thanks man, can't wait to get my DE up and running. It stares at me everytime I walk into the shop. This will be one honking unit in a 14x28 shop.

Terry Hatfield
05-09-2003, 12:49 PM
First let me say that my blower was built before the blower kits were done so it's a bit larger than the current blower kit so I have had to approximate these measurements but they should be very close.

With the cyclone oriented like I have mine:

Front overhang is 4"

Rear overhang is 5 1/2"

Inlet overhang is 4 1/2"

Exhaust overhang is 3"

The blower assy. is 18" tall.

Terry

Scott Coffelt
05-09-2003, 2:17 PM
Isn't yours made with the bigger impeller? For some reason I thought you got a really large impeller like 16" or somethng.

Terry Hatfield
05-09-2003, 5:39 PM
Scott,

I did have a 15.5" impeller blower at one time, but now I have the CF 14" impeller in this housing. The housing is just an earlier design that was later modified to make it as small as possible. The new design is what we sell in kit form now. I have just plain not had time to redo my own blower housing. My blower housing is basically an inch or so wider and longer than the kit. I adjusted for that in the measurements that I gave you.

Terry

Terry Hatfield
05-09-2003, 5:46 PM
Scott,

This is a pic of the old VERY BIG blower housing. If you compare to the previously posted pic you can see how much we have reduced the size. It is as small as it can get now and still work at peak effeciency.

Terry