PDA

View Full Version : Rotary

Jimmy Phillips
03-26-2013, 2:40 PM
All,

I have a Shenhui G690 with the chuck style rotary.

I am trying to do a pen that is 15mm diameter.

I am just testing by creating a 20mm x 20mm box in CorelDraw X5.

I send it RDCAM and then go into the vendor settings and change the y interval to 1 to start.

I then run the scan, after selecting rotary in RDCAM and 15mm as the diameter. I think there is a step setting here also....1000 default I believe. I left that alone.

Does not look like a box but a 20mm (x) x 2mm (y) rectangle.

So then I try multiplying the height (y) of my object in Corel by 3.14 and then to RDCAM again.

I try again to run it and the rectangle is now taller, i.e. it rotated more, but it is still not a box.

So I take the measurements and then go into vendor settings, y axis, interval, and use it's calculation with measured and intended.

For some reason it will not always take the write in vendor settings and will default back to 20mm for y axis interval. Not sure why.

Anyhow, my input is still hosed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Khalid Nazim
03-26-2013, 2:55 PM
When you are in vendor settings, you need for first READ, then change your settings and then WRITE.

Jimmy Phillips
03-26-2013, 9:42 PM
Khalid,

I have been doing that, but to no avail.....

Thanks though,

Jimmy

Khalid Nazim
03-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Jimmy,

Please check this thread on using Rotary on a Shenhui machine
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?178104-How-to-attach-rotary-attachment-to-Shenhui-machine

I have followed this process and it works great. I saw that you are selecting Rotary in RDCAM and you dont need to. Also you are setting the y-interval to 1 when it should be near 20 for rotary. Please review the thread and follow the steps there.

Regards
KN

Jimmy Phillips
03-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Jimmy,

Please check this thread on using Rotary on a Shenhui machine
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?178104-How-to-attach-rotary-attachment-to-Shenhui-machine

I have followed this process and it works great. I saw that you are selecting Rotary in RDCAM and you dont need to. Also you are setting the y-interval to 1 when it should be near 20 for rotary. Please review the thread and follow the steps there.

Regards
KN

I tried that first, but I must have done something wrong. Most likely it was the rotary setting in RDCAM I was still using.

I still multiply my height by 3.14 and use that in CorelDraw? Or just normal dimensions for a square, for example?

I will try again!

Thanks,

Jimmy