PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about this drill?

Cody Cantrell
03-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Seen this this morning. Never seen or heard of one of these before. Looks alot like a MF #2 with out the "friction roll" wheel. Looked interesting thought I would share. Its on the bay. (By the way this is not mine nor do I have any tyes to it.)
Item number: 171013960924

Cody

Joe E Harris
03-26-2013, 1:25 PM
looks like a nice drill. I like the ones with a top guide gear they just feel more solid to me. Also i think you could get a better deal from an antique store with the total cost of that one being over $30.

Bill Houghton
03-26-2013, 2:04 PM
I bet, once the bidding starts, that a percentage of the money bid will be for its collectible value - if there is any, don't know. I concur with Joe - the drill as designed depends on the bearing surface in the center of the crank wheel for stability. I'd look for a drill with a top gear or roller "foot" to take pressure off that bearing surface.

Jim Koepke
03-26-2013, 5:27 PM
Though this is an interesting piece for a collector, my money would go to buy an MF #2. Since there are already two in my accumulation my money will go to something else.

Thanks for sharing.

jtk

Gary Herrmann
03-26-2013, 7:56 PM
If you want a user, you can do better than that for $20.

Cody Cantrell
03-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Wasnt interested in buying it, I just wasnt aware that the John S Fray company made egg beater drills. Was wondering if anyone else had seen one or had the chance to use one before?