PDA

View Full Version : Font for lables

Walt Langhans
03-26-2013, 7:33 AM
Hey guys

I need a font for labeling stuff. The problem that I'm having is that when I pick a font, send it to laser works, laser works removes the fill and I get and out line and then another interior line (if that make sense). I want something that's like a type writer just a singe line per letter so I can vector them quickly and you can still read it.

Thanks!

Ian Franks
03-26-2013, 8:05 AM
Is this what you want http://www.mrrace.com/CamBam_Fonts/

Walt Langhans
03-26-2013, 8:19 AM
Yup that looks like it will do it, thanks!

Joe Hillmann
03-26-2013, 11:13 AM
That font won't vector any quicker than any other font. Read the second paragraph, it will engrave each letter twice.

Joe Hillmann
03-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Here is one way that I have done single line fonts in the past, it isn't the best but you can try it and see if it is good enough for your needs (I doubt it though).

Using AvantGarde Bk BT type up your label in 140 size font. (if you go much smaller it will be very jagged, much larger and you get a double outline)

Convert it to a black and white bitmap at the highest DPI you can.

Do a centerline trace of the bitmap.

You should now have truly single line letters that are way bigger than you want.

Re-size the writing to what ever size you need.

As I said earlier, this method probably wont be clean enough for what you are doing.

Ben Halop
03-26-2013, 2:00 PM
What happens if you convert the text to curves prior to sending to the laser? In your Corel X5 just right-click the text and click "Convert to Curves" give that a go it may solve your issue :)

Walt Langhans
03-26-2013, 2:22 PM
That font won't vector any quicker than any other font. Read the second paragraph, it will engrave each letter twice.

It's not so much about speed but being able to read it. What I'm doing now works more or less I'm just looking for something better. When I get around to it I'll post a pic of a test and see how it looks.

Ross Moshinsky
03-26-2013, 2:45 PM
Why aren't you grouping the text together so that it forms solid letters?

Walt Langhans
03-26-2013, 3:15 PM
Why aren't you grouping the text together so that it forms solid letters?

I have no idea what you mean :confused:

Ross Moshinsky
03-26-2013, 6:25 PM
I have no idea what you mean :confused:

It sounds like the text is coming across in outlines. You want the text to be solid and filled. Selecting the text and grouping/joining should make the text solid.

Walt Langhans
03-26-2013, 6:43 PM
It sounds like the text is coming across in outlines. You want the text to be solid and filled. Selecting the text and grouping/joining should make the text solid.

It is but I don't want it solid / filled, I want something I can vector, but now I understand what you where saying :)

Mike Null
03-27-2013, 5:55 AM
Ian

Thanks, that's a good link. A lot of folks here have been looking for something like that.

Uros Sovilj
03-27-2013, 6:15 AM
Hi
I had same issue with fonts and laserwork. You need to convert font in curves with no fill and hairline outlines.

Walt Langhans
04-23-2013, 10:38 PM
FYI Guys

The font works great I used number 3 out of 9 and it did NOT go over things twice. This was Vectored a quick speed.