PDA

View Full Version : results from this weekend...

Russell Eaton
03-25-2013, 7:42 PM
I was asked last Monday to demo the Powermatic 4224B for the Atlanta woodworking show. I had a blast, and here are some of the results from this weekend. I gave several away, on was to the Hispanic cleaning girl. She definitely earned it. I even got scammed out of one to a little old lady, and that is a whole different story. Sorry no pictures of me as Steve Busey was not available for the photo op. I was able to get a couple of natural edge bowl turned, and nobody got hurt, not even ME! I even met a fellow creeker while I was there, it is a good community we got here. Thanks for looking. Russell

Steve Kennedy
03-25-2013, 8:21 PM
I enjoyed talking with you. The big Powermatic is very impressive. Hope to see you again in the future.

charlie knighton
03-25-2013, 8:52 PM
nice assortment, espically with an audience

Thomas Canfield
03-25-2013, 9:10 PM
NIce variety, but I don't see the 23" bowl there. Guess there was not the chance to "really" show the capabilities of that beast. What was the largest section you mounted?

Brian Kent
03-25-2013, 9:34 PM
What kind of wood is that on the back left?

Kathy Marshall
03-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Nice selection there Russell! Cool looking wood on the upper left piece, what kind is it?

Russell Eaton
03-26-2013, 7:09 AM
All the wood is ambrosia maple. The one in the back left just got out of the DNA bath. I had a couple blanks to demo that were in the 20"+ range, but they asked me to keep the larger size to 12". Thanks for the comments.

Bill Bulloch
03-26-2013, 9:01 AM
I was at the Show this weekend. My sister and I stopped and looked at the BIG PM. I showed her all the features and tried to talk her into buying me one for my birthday. You must have been on a break, because I didn't see you. Had I known that you were the demonstrator I would have waited for you to return. If you found the lathe was wet when you got back, that was just my drool. Sorry I missed you.

Lee Koepke
03-26-2013, 9:21 AM
I completely forgot about this show! My wife was out of town, so it would have been a good opportunity for me to get out......although I dont need to be tempted by more and bigger tools!

Don Orr
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. You sure cranked a bunch of nice bowls.

Now ya gotta tell the little old lady story-ya can't just tease us and leave us hangin'.

Russell Eaton
03-26-2013, 4:57 PM
Dang Bill I thought I forgot to clean the wood sap off. I had no idea YOU were to blame. Sorry I missed you. I only took 1 break a day for lunch, but you know I NEED to eat.

Mike Peace
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Sorry I had to miss the show this year. I think I have attended the previous 5 or 6. Impressive demo stack.