PDA

View Full Version : CVMAX - close to pulling the trigger

Bob Cooper
03-25-2013, 10:44 AM
For the slight price delta i'm getting close to pulling the trigger on the CVMax. Given that the main needs to be 8" i think that pretty much dictates that the ductwork will be metal. Is it safe to assume then that *all* the ductwork will be metal -- i.e. no 6" PVC blastgates (which i could have built but will now need to buy).

Mark Kornell
03-26-2013, 4:18 PM
I see no reason why you couldn't use PVC gates with primarily metal ducting. The metal ducting is easy enough to flange to accommodate a slightly smaller or larger diameter fitting. If you are worried about grounding, just bridge the blast gate with some wire.

Also, be sure to use a heavier gauge duct for your 8" main(s), or install a vacuum relief. The CVMAX can pull enough suction to collapse standard gauge 8" ducting. Regular gauge is fine for your 6" and 4".

Bob Cooper
03-26-2013, 5:28 PM
Mark...standard guage is 26 right? So 24 guage is what i should be targeting? Vacuum release...is this a standard dust collector item, HVAC item, etc?

David Kumm
03-26-2013, 5:50 PM
24 gauge is fine. No need for a vac release. A 16" impeller will create about 18" max SP. Dave