PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Cyclone

Richard Wolf
05-09-2005, 8:40 PM
I see Grizzly lowered their price on the 2hp cyclone to $745. I guess this is their answer to Oneida.

Richard

Nick Mitchell
05-09-2005, 8:48 PM
The most amazing ability of the chiwanese factories is the ability to manufacture to a price-point. meaning if Grizzly tells their factory that they need this thing built for $200 they can do it, for $250 they can do it, for $9.75 they can do that too.

mike malone
05-09-2005, 9:40 PM
hi y'all
i think grizzly shot their load a little too early saying their new cyclone would be ready in may and then having to re tool the entire line. they went from first generation, never shipped gen-2 and now they face stiff competition from oneida on gen-3.
BTW...my gorilla is due here tomorrow. The anticipation is whether it'll sport a baldor or asian motor.
best
mike

Jamie Buxton
05-10-2005, 1:30 AM
I see Grizzly lowered their price on the 2hp cyclone to $745. I guess this is their answer to Oneida.

Richard

Yeah, the price is good, but who cares when they can't deliver it? Last week I asked Grizzly about these machines. Grizz said no delivery until July. Furthermore, when I asked about specs -- y'know, simple things like height, width, and depth --- they said "we won't know until we have the cyclones in our warehouse." This answer, although commendably honest, seems odd to me. If I were a company as big as Grizzly negotiating for something overseas, a spec sheet would be part of the negotiation. If Grizzly doesn't have a spec sheet, they may be much farther away from delivery than July.

mike lucas
05-10-2005, 3:00 PM
Yeah, the price is good, but who cares when they can't deliver it? Last week I asked Grizzly about these machines. Grizz said no delivery until July. Furthermore, when I asked about specs -- y'know, simple things like height, width, and depth --- they said "we won't know until we have the cyclones in our warehouse." This answer, although commendably honest, seems odd to me. If I were a company as big as Grizzly negotiating for something overseas, a spec sheet would be part of the negotiation. If Grizzly doesn't have a spec sheet, they may be much farther away from delivery than July.

As of last week, there were 3 loads on ships at sea heading here, but all of those have been sold. This is what the owner stated on another web site.

Andy London
05-10-2005, 5:48 PM
As of last week, there were 3 loads on ships at sea heading here, but all of those have been sold. This is what the owner stated on another web site.

It does however make one wonder, if they were selling so well at the old price, then why did they drop it.....I am sure they have sold some, but three containers doesn't seem right, at least to me.

I bring in exotics from Brazil in a standard sized container, these things would hold a few hundred each....dunno but I do wonder....

Frank Pellow
05-10-2005, 6:48 PM
Grizzly has lost a lot of credibility with me over their dust control antics.

Gary Sutherland
05-11-2005, 5:38 AM
Just my opinion, of course....

I think they lowered the price because the competion between Oneida and Grizzly, especially over the 2HP unit since Oneida came out with the Gorilla, has become rather personal, and this is the latest blow landed.

I like both companies, and until users say otherwise I think both units appear to be very good, especially at the prices. By the way, remember that Oneida started selling Gorillas before they even had the import motors for them (still don't, I guess). They can't be making much at the price when shipping with Baldor motors. So they too, seem to take this competion quite seriously, and personally.

You know, companies are people, and I think good people are involved all around.

Gary

Steven Wilson
05-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Now if they get rid of the flex hose between the cyclone and the filter and use smooth wall, large radius metal pipe instead, plus get rid of the plastic bag and the end of the filter then Grizzly might have something that can compete.

Mike Monroe
05-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I doubt that it's personal, it's just business. Do you seriously think Oneida and Grizzly (or Ford and Toyota) are selling cyclones (automobiles) because they like you and want to be your friend? Not likely; bottom line they want your hard earned money in their pocket. Like I said before...

Oneida vs. Grizzly, Grizzly vs. Oneida, it's just good old fashioned free market competition.

Grizzly and Onieda both want your $$; trade negotiations and price drops, with or without a Baldor motor, free ducting service, etc... it's all marketing, and it's all good. Buy what you want and be happy you have choices. God bless America.

Now go enjoy Coke (or a Pepsi if you prefer).

Jim O'Dell
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
I agree with you Mike. I personally went an entirely different direction, but that was my choice at what was available and on sale. I'm happy with the price I got, and with the quality of the cyclone I bought, even though it's not up and running yet.
And I'll take a Dr. Pepper please! Jim.