PDA

View Full Version : Craig's list ads

Randy Henry
03-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Upon checking CL this morning, I get ads about every 10th row or so down. First time I've ever seen them. Almost annoying enough to stop visiting CL. Does anyone know why this happened, is it something I did to the computer? Anyway to disable them? Thanks.

Biff Johnson
03-24-2013, 1:07 PM
I don't have them here in Oregon this morning. Hope you didn't catch a virus!

Gary Hodgin
03-24-2013, 2:17 PM
No ads here either, other than the CLs ads.

Randy Henry
03-24-2013, 2:34 PM
Got a virus. I went to spell check a thread on a posting in the Gen. Woodworking portion, clicked on a spellchecker download, and that is when it happened. Had to do a system recovery on my computer. I would have thought that links on SMC would be secure, but I guess there are some that get through.

Aaron Koehl
03-24-2013, 3:36 PM
Randy,

I'm not sure what you mean. You clicked on a link to download a spellchecker from smc?

Randy Henry
03-24-2013, 4:54 PM
Aaron,
Yes, I clicked on the spell check feature, I did not have the ieSPell on my computer. I downloaded it, and it went through a couple of steps, then, wham. No biggie, I have Windows 7, and just did a system restore on it. I saved my documents/pics before I did it. When I went to CL, I was getting advertisement banners about every 10th line down, and an advertisement in the seller's description paragraph. I did not get that this morning before the spell check fiasco. After the restore, it all went away, and works as normal.