PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat - Anniversay present for myself

Chip Sutherland
03-22-2013, 8:51 PM
I got mail today. Two packages arrived within 10 min of each other. USPS probably waved at the FedEx guy. I took advantage of Woodcraft's March sale on Nova Titan chucks to cash in some gift certificates. Now I won't have to cut down logs as often. The extra surprise was the long worm screw. That will be handy in my other chucks that usually have the taller bowl or spigot jaws. I hate swapping jaws just so I can use the worm screw. I'm told that 6 chucks is the magic number....is that right? I don't need to buy any more chucks?

Also took advantage of Craft Supplies' no shipping costs deal and finally, finally bought the benchtop controller for my Foredom (more gift certificates). I like to sit down when doing any embellishments so having to keep one foot on the floor was a nuisance plus I could never keep a constant pressure on the pedal to keep a constant speed. I hope this will be most helpful when using the power carving attachment where consistent speed and pressure control the outcome of each cut. Now I will be forced to clean off my benchtop.

These were anniversary presents to myself even though I used gift certificates. My wife would never have known what to get me anyway. However, I did just fine on her gift. She's wearing a PM 3520b on her wrist...at least that's what I think. After 22 yrs of marriage, I know NOT to say what I am thinking. :D

Marvin Hasenak
03-22-2013, 9:37 PM
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and the new "toys". You will love the desk top contoller, I love mine, consistent speed control and no tired or cramped ankle and foot. I only use the foot controller for quick short operations.

Bernie Weishapl
03-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Congrats on some fine toys errrr..... tools.