PDA

View Full Version : Any Florida woodworkers on Sawmill Creek?

Bob Weisner
05-09-2005, 4:24 PM
Hi:

I was wondering if there are any Florida woodworkers on the Sawmill Creek forum? I may be moving in the future and would like to know what Florida is like for a woodworker. What are the electric rates and what is the average cost of a house in Florida? Is it possible to get a house on the ocean or Gulf for a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Bob

Gary Herrmann
05-09-2005, 5:10 PM
Bob, depends on where you land. I grew up in S. FL. More expensive than say, Orlando or Gainesville. Typically the closer you get to the water, the more expensive it gets. Living on the intracoastal may be a compromise.

In S. Florida if you stay West of I95, the prices are cheaper as well. But some municipalities are more expensive than others. Boca is more expensive than Deerfield, which is more expensive than Pompano...

The farther North you go, the cheaper you'll be able to find housing near the ocean. Altho there are exceptions - Sanibel comes to mind...

It's like anywhere else, location, location, location.

I believe that beach front property in Palm Beach goes for over $10,000 per LINEAR foot. And those prices are probably close to 5 years old.

RANDY PAULK
05-09-2005, 6:31 PM
I Live In The Panhandle, Pensacola Area, Water Front Lots On The Gulf Are Through The Roof Unless You Go Somewhere East Of Panama City. Even Bay Front Or River Front Lots Are Geeting Espensive And Hard To Find.