PDA

View Full Version : Fein Turbo III owners: here is a convenient source for the HEPA filter

Andy Pratt
03-21-2013, 4:56 PM
I saw that LV has a HEPA filter listed for craftsman/ridgid vacs and, since the craftsman "red stripe" filters fit on the turbo III I decided to buy it and see if it would work. When I got it in, it was in a "cleanstream" box and fit on absolutely perfectly, a really snug seal. This is the "gore" one with the wet/dry capability if I read it correctly. There also wasn't the need to tape up the hole on the bottom as I had to do with the last cleanstream I bought to fit this vacuum, and the price was better than I found elsewhere, especially considering the free shipping right now.

I'm not affiliated with LV in any way, just wanted to pass on the tip while the free shipping event is still going on.

As a side note, I'm trying that trick where you cut off the ends of your bags to allow you to re-use them, sealing them back up with a piece of plastic "C-channel" and an appropriate sized pipe or dowel and so far it is working excellently. Easy to dump them and filter doesn't clog with large debris/caked in dust. I saw this in one of the woodworking mags in the last year, so I can't take credit for the idea.

Hope the info is helpful,
Andy