PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden II

Nate Davey
03-20-2013, 10:37 PM
After seeing Jerry's chuck plate in Iron Maiden (The Original) I new I NEEDED one. So ordered one on Thursday or Friday, and here it is today with some Spalted Palo Verde and Desert Ironwood. Thanks for the quick turn around, Jerry. This is on quality piece of kit.

Jerry Marcantel
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Nate, now that you've got the I.M., do that piece of Ironwood some justice. Watch out for the smell you'll get from that Paol Verde. ................ Jerry (in Tucson)

Mike Cruz
03-21-2013, 11:31 PM
I'll refrain from any heavy metal head banging comments in this thread, and just say CONGRATS, Nate!!!!

Roger Chandler
03-22-2013, 8:06 AM
That is a handy-dandy piece of equipment Nate........I really like mine, and find it very helpful in mounting odd shaped pieces between centers to be able to turn a tenon. It eliminates the spin you get with a spur center and on the off balanced pieces I have used it with, it made the shaping of the tenon have less "pucker factor!"

I think you will find it a valuable addition to your arsenal!

Nate Davey
03-22-2013, 8:28 PM
Here's the maiden run for the chuck plate. Sure is quick and easy to use. Very nicely made.

Jerry Marcantel
03-22-2013, 8:48 PM
Nate, looks good. It's kinda dwarfed by your chuck.. One thing I didn't mention, if you remove and reinsert the screws, don't screw the point through the plate. They have chingers on them from pliers I used to unscrew them from the jig I used to machine the points..... Roger, the same goes for you too, and others who now have the aluminum Chuck Plates.
Nate, if you go to the forum page, and at the bottom is Authors forum, click on that and I started an article on some accessories for the chuck plate. These are to be made by each person who has the aluminum Chuck Plates. The accessory plates will aid in removing the tenons, and possibly other things. Thanks for posting the CP in action.... ........... Jerry

Nate Davey
03-22-2013, 8:54 PM
Jerry, I don't have access to the author page. That's a VM120 the CP is plugged into. Love the CP, great job on it.

Roger Chandler
03-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Nate, looks good. It's kinda dwarfed by your chuck.. One thing I didn't mention, if you remove and reinsert the screws, don't screw the point through the plate. They have chingers on them from pliers I used to unscrew them from the jig I used to machine the points..... Roger, the same goes for you too, and others who now have the aluminum Chuck Plates.
Nate, if you go to the forum page, and at the bottom is Authors forum, click on that and I started an article on some accessories for the chuck plate. These are to be made by each person who has the aluminum Chuck Plates. The accessory plates will aid in removing the tenons, and possibly other things. Thanks for posting the CP in action.... ........... Jerry

Jerry...when I try to go to the article mentioned, I get a message that says I do not have permission to access that page....I don't know what the problem is........maybe someone knows what is the issue?

Jerry Marcantel
03-22-2013, 10:54 PM
I guess you need to be signed up as an author... Steve S. and John K. should jump in here and tell you guys how to access the Authors forum......... Jerry (in Tucson)