PDA

View Full Version : Minimum order requirement

dennis thompson
03-20-2013, 6:35 PM
I was ordering a plan for a childs chair. The plan was downloadable and cost $4.50.
When I tried to pay it said the minimum order was $25. I can understand a minimum order for something they have to mail/ship but I was surprised they would do that on a downloadable plan . Why do you think they do that?
Thanks
Dennis

Don Newman
03-20-2013, 8:04 PM
They may be trying to reduce costs of handling credit card orders. Just a guess.

Dan Hintz
03-20-2013, 8:07 PM
Either that, or they simply didn't consider people who purchase only downloads... it may be a simple oversight on their part.

Brian Elfert
03-20-2013, 9:24 PM
It does seem strange as a properly designed system for downloads should require zero human intervention. I suppose a non-integrated system could require an accounting clerk to manually enter the order into their financial system so they need a larger order to cover those costs.

Harry Hagan
03-21-2013, 10:26 AM
"Minimum Order" requirements and ridiculous handling/shipping costs have saved me lots of money over the years by making me realize that I really didn't need whatever it was. :rolleyes:

Joe Angrisani
03-21-2013, 11:39 AM
It does seem strange as a properly designed system for downloads should require zero human intervention.....

Unfortunately that has no effect on the minimum transaction fees charged by their credit card processor. On the OP's $4.50 order it can easily be 20%. Maybe 25%. And that could make the sale a losing proposition, plain and simple.