PDA

View Full Version : Question - Metal Plates for Industrial Use

Tim Bateson
03-20-2013, 6:15 PM
I have a request for small metal plates for industrial use. They will undergo handling and temperatures up to 150 Degrees / 66 Celsius. Anyone with experience with this type of request?
I have some LaserBlak and some anodized sheet stock that I plan to run some tests on. The customer would prefer black on silver.

Martin Boekers
03-20-2013, 6:31 PM
Any other environmental hazards besides temp? Most of these type of plates are specified from the industry.
My brother's screen shop does metal plates that go on furnaces and appliances. He runs a standard aluminum,
but the ink has to hold up to specs.

Scott Shepherd
03-20-2013, 6:37 PM
Cermark on stainless.

dave cox
03-20-2013, 6:58 PM
Yes cermark on stainless. I have supplied for all sorts of applications including stainless exhausts that turned blue with heat and still looked good! also many other industrial applications.

Tony Lenkic
03-20-2013, 7:12 PM
Tim,

Get a sample of silver/engraves black line of "LaserIt" aluminum from JDS and test it for temperature spects. If it holds up than you have a simple solution.

Gary Hair
03-20-2013, 7:49 PM
I ditto the cermark/stainless recommendation. I have a client that uses it on tags in liquid nitrogen and it works flawlessly. I'm not sure I would trust anything else.

Mike Null
03-21-2013, 6:01 AM
In addition to the SS tags I believe anodized aluminum will work in this environment.

I'd advise against the Alumamark black as I found it to be more temperamental than regular Alumamark if that's possible.

Scott Challoner
03-21-2013, 10:14 AM
McMaster Carr has a pretty good selection of stainless tags.

Dave Gates
03-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Cermark on stainless is what I usually use for this situation. Recently I have been selling DuraBlack a little bit and my customers have told me that it has held up just fine. The spec sheet says it can handle 700 Degrees for an hour.