PDA

View Full Version : xenetech help!!!

Jeff Greer
03-20-2013, 1:31 PM
I need to flip a fancy design in my Xenetech software....how in the heck do I do it??? I just want to mirror it from from top to bottom........... I can not stand the software...... AAAAAARGG!!!!!

Scott Shepherd
03-20-2013, 2:39 PM
"Plate", "Upside Down", "Reverse Plate", It'll show in the preview when you hit F1.

Tony Lenkic
03-20-2013, 3:02 PM
How fancy is it?

As Scott suggested "Reverse Plate" from Plate pull down menu or select all/group/ than from Font menu "Reversed" or "Ctrl +R"

BTW, am I the only one here that loves their software. Been using it since '92. I send the designs from XOT to Trotec laser all the time.

Jeff Greer
03-20-2013, 3:53 PM
What I am trying to do is have a design on top of the plate, 2 lines of text, then the same design on the bottom but have that design flipped. I need to flip just the bottom design - not the whole plate. Thanks for any more info!

Bill Overturf
03-20-2013, 5:35 PM
Jeff I dont think you can do that from the Xenetech software. If you are using a laser and have the print driver do it in Corel its easy there. If that is not an option I would send Roy Brewer a message he is a member here. He probably knows more about the Xenetech software than the people who designed it

Tony Lenkic
03-20-2013, 6:05 PM
Jeff, have you got it to work?

Is it something like the sample bellow?

Jeff Greer
03-20-2013, 6:11 PM
Tony, that is similar but they need to be separated.

Scott Shepherd
03-20-2013, 6:37 PM
Tony, that is similar but they need to be separated.

Send over 2 jobs and be done with it :)

Tony Lenkic
03-20-2013, 6:53 PM
Jeff,

You can place the images or lines of text anywhere on the plate. I placed the intentionally touching each other for illustration. Baseball bats are separate logos and you can place them where you need to. Text is also two separate lines and line between them was just as aligning part.

See this attachment:

Jeff Greer
03-20-2013, 10:29 PM
That looks great ...but HOW do you do it....That is now my issue

Tony Lenkic
03-21-2013, 8:49 AM
Jeff,

You can do it by couple of commands. First select original image an reverse it (Ctrl +r). Second, to get it properly displayed you have to use slant angle (Ctrl + S) set at 180 deg on the left side on the screen.
See the doves, I can position them anyway I like with those two commands.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Greer
03-21-2013, 9:26 AM
My issue is it seems I cannot get it to flip top to bottom. The whole slant angle ios killing me as it has the start and finish - I cant get it to do anything....I can program $600,000 machining centers and I cant flip a freaking scroll.....arrrggghhhhhh! Thank you for the HELP!!!

Jeff Greer
03-21-2013, 9:29 AM
Does it make a difference that mine is a windows 98 version??? It is a 2000 machine.

Jeff Greer
03-21-2013, 9:33 AM
Got it....Once I quit cussing, I did it right. My hang up was using the slant "Start" angle......not just using slant angle. Thank you VERY much. WANT A JOB???

Tony Lenkic
03-21-2013, 9:58 AM
I'm glad you got it. See, software works when right commands are used.

Jeff Greer
03-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm glad you got it. See, software works when right commands are used.

It is strong software - I just need training - got any good fishing up there? I will come up and let you train me. :)

Jeff Greer
03-27-2013, 4:17 PM
Still having issues...Just when I think I have it figured out...bam something else wont move....

The QIE retrfit and Engavelab looks like they will be getting my money.