PDA

View Full Version : Delta Reconditioned Tool Sale

Ken Waag
05-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks to some advice on another thread, I scored a reconditioned Delta VS drill press (17-925) for $495 (normally $655 recon price). They mentioned a sale with discounts on a couple truck loads of Delta reconditioned machines. Most of it is new stuff returned w/o use, just scratch and dent etc.

Drill presses, as above
8" jointers
14" and 20" BS's
1 1/2 HP DC's
3HP Shapers
Unisaws
Etc.

http://www.redmond-machinery.com/default.htm
BTY, I'm not affiliated in any way with these folks. Just caught a great deal thanks to this forum, and thought I'd pass it along in hopes that some other member's might benefit as well. They're in Atlanta so it's an especially good opportunity for those of you in that area.

Hope somebody finds a deal they've been looking for,
Ken

Jeff Sudmeier
05-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Ken,

Congrats on the great deal! I am on Redmond's site right now looking for deals :)

Tim Morton
05-09-2005, 12:34 PM
I bought the bandsaw...I wondering what other tools are coming up? Site lists plenty of possiblilities!!!

Maurice Ungaro
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
If I haven't mentioned it before, the staff at Redmond's told me that they have signed an exclusive deal with Delta to sell all reconditioned Delta tools. Don't know what that'll do to the price of reconditioned machines, but they'll certainly have a parade of deals.

I'm happy 'cause they're 20 minutes from me!

Ken Waag
05-09-2005, 1:46 PM
I bought the bandsaw...I wondering what other tools are coming up? Site lists plenty of possiblilities!!!

Tim,

What size BS? I hope you got a super deal. Credit for the lead goes to Maurice who's post is below yours. He told me to check there.

And here's some advice to all interested parties from both of us ( and an answer to your question, Tim)
Check out the website, but then call them. The gentleman I talked to was very knowledgeable and he knows what they have and have coming. So you can find out about stuff that's not listed on the site and get a jump on things they have on the way.

Happy shopping,

Ken

Bill Lewis
05-09-2005, 1:50 PM
Ken,

Did you call them for that pirce? I don't see it listed on the website.
Also, what price were you quoted for shipping?

Ken Waag
05-09-2005, 2:29 PM
Ken,

Did you call them for that pirce? I don't see it listed on the website.
Also, what price were you quoted for shipping?

Bill,

Fortunately I did call as the site price was $655. Unprompted he told me they had a sale going on and it was $495. Shipping to St. Louie was $110. So ball park about $200 in savings for me.

Bill Lewis
05-09-2005, 2:39 PM
Very tempting, as if I hadn't already spent too much on tools this year. I've been really wanting to get a VS Drill press. I am constantly changing the belts, and I hate the 3.25 stroke.

Does this DP also have the 5/8" chuck on a taper? I think I read somewhere that it only had a 1/2".
The taper would be good to have to be able to run bits with a taper too.

Ken Waag
05-09-2005, 3:38 PM
Bill,

The chuck is 1/2" capacity with a Jacobs 33 taper. Oh, and the stroke is 6". Here's Delta's info page in case you need any other info:

http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=1149

Steve Stube
05-09-2005, 5:14 PM
Be careful Bill, the spindle (#85) may only have a male 33 taper as it appears to be solid - no internal taper for drills. 33 is a common taper for drill chuck mounting. Not sure why you would want taper shank drills today but each to his own.

Bill Lewis
05-09-2005, 6:06 PM
Taper shank drills are most common for bit sizes over 1/2". I'll have to go check the Delta drill press that I have, but I think it has a standard morse taper that accepts tapered bits. I'll have to go check the model number, and then the specs for comparison.

Karl Laustrup
05-09-2005, 8:16 PM
On the Redmond Machinery site there is a 16" used jointer by J.A. Fay & Egan. I ran accross one of these at a surplus store close to my house today.

I didn't pay too much attention to it as it was buried behind some other stuff and it looked like it had just come in recently. No price tag and I don't think it was 16". It appeared more like 12", but again I could be wrong. It's a three legged beast and I'm just trying to find out some info on whether it might be worth while to check into it more.

Any help from the guys with the old iron? What would be a ball park price? It appears to be in pretty good condition, but I'm sure it would need quite a bit of TLC.

Lou Sansone, if you're reading this, I sent you an email.

Thanks,
Karl

Bob Aquino
05-10-2005, 8:30 AM
Was this an email special, I am not seeing anthing of interest on the web site. About 5 years ago I bought my recon uni from them, when they were selling them for 1000 with the biesmeyer 50" fences. Good service, love the saw. Good folks to deal with.

Ken Waag
05-10-2005, 9:02 AM
Bob,

It would be best to give them a call. They have stuff just in or arriving that I'm sure is not on the site. Also, at least in my case, sale prices aren't listed. The DP i bought was $655 on the site. I was asking some Q's about it when he mentioned it was discounted to $495.

Bob Aquino
05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Just got an email flyer from them. They have my bandsaw recon on sale for 900 though they are showing it as a 20" not the 18" that it is. A dj20 for 1050 and a left tilt uni with 50" beis for 1350. Good deals I think. The 18" bandsaw is a better machine than the rikon even with its original guides. Just nothing I really want to upgrade right now.

Maurice Ungaro
05-11-2005, 11:06 AM
For those that want to have images to go with those prices: http://www.redmond-machinery.com/newsletter_pg3.htm#This%20Months%20Specials