PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Bench Dog PL1002 Router Lift Manual

Adam Gerlach
03-20-2013, 9:43 AM
All,

I recently bought a Bench Dog PL1002 Router lift off of craigslist. It didn't come with a manual for setting it up and adjusting it. Unfortunately, Bench Dog doesn't keep old model manuals. I called them and they said the only manuals they have are what is on the website, which only includes the newest models. Do any of you have a manual that could be scanned and sent to me?

Thanks!

Jim Tobias
03-20-2013, 1:02 PM
Adam,
I believe I have that lift in my table. I know it is the heavy(very) duty from BenchDog from several years back. I'll look and see if I have the manual and get back to you.

Jim

Adam Gerlach
03-20-2013, 1:15 PM
Adam,
I believe I have that lift in my table. I know it is the heavy(very) duty from BenchDog from several years back. I'll look and see if I have the manual and get back to you.

Jim

Great! Yeah, it is a heavy beast. From my understanding they had a PL1001 and 1002 at that time which were aluminum and cast iron respectively. Even if you find out you have the PL1001 I'm confident that the manuals are nearly identical.

Thanks Jim.

Jim Tobias
03-20-2013, 7:25 PM
I finally got down to shop. Spent most of day gathering stuff for the "annual donation (April 15th)to Uncle Sam" Fun!!

Anyway, thought it would take awhile to dig up manual, but lucky me it was in the 3 wad of papers that I pulled from the drawer in the shop. You're gonna love that PL1002. Had mine for many years and other than occasionally cleaning off threads on lift, it just works great. I did buy a "speed wrench" for mine and that really makes the raising and lowering easy and quick.
WELL, as I was about to attach it I found out it is way too big (file wise) to attach. 4.2 MB. I tried to Zip it but is was still too large.
If you want to send me your email address through PM or here , I will send it to you directly.

Jim

Adam Gerlach
03-20-2013, 9:11 PM
Thank you so much. I will be sending you a PM with my email.

I really lucked into this lift. I was looking for some router bits on craigslist and stumbled on the PL1002 with quick wrench, a PC 7518, a Incra 5000 cross cut sled, a coping sled, a bench dog pro plate, and 4 new router bits for a whooping $170!!! It all is practically brand new. The seller said he bought the stuff 5 years ago put everything together and made a test cut, it then sat in the garage unused! Once I get around to taking a picture of everything I'll be sure to post a "gloat".

Jim Tobias
03-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Manual sent to you via email.
Man, you got the deal of a lifetime!!!!

Jim