PDA

View Full Version : Old a87 parks woodworking combo machine

David Larry Smith
03-19-2013, 2:49 PM
Hi I'm wondering if any member has and uses a vintage parks a87 combination saw? I have one and think they are quite the machine--mine has a large rip saw, a large cutoff saw, a 12" joiner, a dado arbor, a 24" throat band saw, approx 18" disk sander, and a drill press that makes square holes for carriage bolts-or slots. I think I am missing the mortise and tenon atachment. this saw was made in the 20s and was used with flat belt--but I installed a 5hp electric motor. it is all one machine and top is made from channel irons so it is pretty heavy(approx 3 1/2 x 8') ---I also have an old crescent double arbor table saw with approx 3'x4' table top that runs with flat belt..are there any members that restore and use these? Dave

Chuck Wintle
03-19-2013, 3:15 PM
Hi I'm wondering if any member has and uses a vintage parks a87 combination saw? I have one and think they are quite the machine--mine has a large rip saw, a large cutoff saw, a 12" joiner, a dado arbor, a 24" throat band saw, approx 18" disk sander, and a drill press that makes square holes for carriage bolts-or slots. I think I am missing the mortise and tenon atachment. this saw was made in the 20s and was used with flat belt--but I installed a 5hp electric motor. it is all one machine and top is made from channel irons so it is pretty heavy(approx 3 1/2 x 8') ---I also have an old crescent double arbor table saw with approx 3'x4' table top that runs with flat belt..are there any members that restore and use these? Dave
can you post some pics?

David Larry Smith
03-19-2013, 4:03 PM
I don't have any pics yet but will post them when I get them Dave

David Larry Smith
03-19-2013, 4:05 PM
I'll post some when get them Dave