PDA

View Full Version : Five Barns Picnic Cancelled

Bill Grumbine
05-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Greetings all

I regret to announce that we are going to have to cancel the Five Barns picnic we had scheduled for this year. Several scheduling conflicts have come up for us and we have had to do some rearranging of our schedule. Unfortunately the picnic is a casualty of this.

I apologize to anyone who was planning on coming, and especially to those who have been regulars here. We hope that we will be able to resume our picnic event next year.

Bill

Keith Starosta
05-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Wow, that's a huge bummer, but I understand, Bill. Weird timing.....we were driving home from the in-laws last night, and as we passed the Kutztown exit on I-78, I said to the wife, "There is NO WAY I'm missing the picnic this year!" Looks like I jinxed it. :( ;)

Looking forward to NEXT year!!

Keith

Tyler Howell
05-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Bummer Dude!

I just worked a business trip in DC before so I could meet some of you wood chippers and hook up with my daughter afterwards. Better luck next time:(

Roger Fitzsimonds
05-09-2005, 1:02 PM
Well I am sorry to hear this. We wee planning to attend this year. Oh Well maybe next year. Thanks any way Bill.

Roger

Ken Garlock
05-09-2005, 2:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the cancellation. I do hope it is not due to medical problem in the family. :(

Martin Shupe
05-09-2005, 6:55 PM
It's my fault, I jinxed it. In the last month or so, I figured out how to make a swing through the NE on my family vacation, and the timing was perfect to stop in at Five Barns. I am truly sorry Bill. Perhaps in 2006?

Charles McKinley
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi Bill,

I hope that all is well with he family. Sorry to hear about the picnic. I hope to see you soon.

Jim Becker
05-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Bummer! But life is like that and sometimes priorities are what they are. 'Hope everything works out, Bill...and next year will be here before any of us knows it!

larry merlau
05-10-2005, 9:02 AM
well mr bill i will save up my appetitie and practice up climbing ladders so alan wont have to :D and will plan on next yr.. hope asll works out for you this year..

Alan Turner
05-10-2005, 9:04 AM
Bill
I am frankly a bit disappointed that you have not scheduled your entire life around this important annual event. (:

See you next year, if not before.

Bill Grumbine
05-10-2005, 7:42 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I have gotten emails, phone calls, everything except people stopping by to see if we are all right. I appreciate the concern shown by everyone. I told Lisa that some people would fear the worst, but no one is dead, dying, or even sick. We are not planning a divorce, and the mortgage is paid up to date. It truly is a scheduling problem. We have one kid going to college in late summer, I am doing a lot more traveling since the DVD came out, and there are some other family obligations that need to be observed. We are just overextended. Hopefully things will settle down next year, but we have been saying that since we got married over 21 years ago.

Alan, I suspect I will be seeing you sooner rather than later, as I should be getting together with Graham to cut up that wood soon!

Bill

Jason Roehl
05-10-2005, 7:50 PM
It's all my fault, guys. Bill found out that the Roehl family reunion was the same weekend, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Ok, not really, but I wouldn't have been able to make it this year, even though I originally wanted to go. Bill, I hope that you are able to make it through your tougher schedule with no losses to your wit, wisdom and positive outlook. Make sure you find time to relax with a well-earned cold one from time to time as well.