PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture

David Wilson
05-09-2005, 9:38 AM
Morning all
I've been fighting with ostioarthritus in my knees for about 10 years. Last week I decided to try somthing new. My Chiropractor also does acupuncture and I thought I would give it a try. Had 2 treatments last week and am scheduled for 3 more this week. Seems to be helping but time will tell. Wondering if any of you have any experience with acupuncture? Told Dr. that I was suprised that there was no chanting or incence involved which got a big laugh. Will keep you informed on the progress.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-09-2005, 9:49 AM
Dave,

I have never done it, but a co-worker goes in for weekly treatments. It's not covered by insurance but flex spending dollars can be used for it. She was in a car accident and nothing helped her kneck. Now she lives pain free.

Good luck!

Jerry Olexa
05-09-2005, 12:52 PM
I've had treatments on my back several years ago with very good results/improvements!! Give it a try and be patient!

Erin Stringer
05-09-2005, 9:54 PM
LOML went to an acupuncturist and was skeptical at first. Once she had been in for a few treatments she was amazed at the results. She was going to a traditional Chinese Dr. that was trained in China. The treatments that were most sucessful in the office were for smoking cessation and bad knees. LOML had excellent success with allergy treatment and headache relief. I haven't been yet for my knees but will probably give it a try in the future.

I hope it works out for you. Keep us updated if you don't mind.

Greg Heppeard
05-10-2005, 9:23 AM
I had it for back pain a couple of years ago, seemed to work well. One thing I noticed was the Mugwart really smelled like an illegal substance from my younger years.