PDA

View Full Version : A question to the forum

Walt Langhans
03-18-2013, 9:42 AM
Hi all

Obviously a lot of people come here seeking advice on the purchase of a laser, and although there are all kinds of thread on this subject scattered around the forum I was wondering if you guys though it might be a good idea to do a 'advice about buying a laser thread' and sticky it. I figure we could cover the basics considerations, tube, bed size, features and cost, maybe throw in some advice about getting into the engraving business, and generally discuss the options of the big 3, hobby lasers', and importing from China.

If you guys (and moderators) think this is a good idea I wouldn't mind starting it off, assuming the rest of you would be willing to come and fill in the gaps.

Thoughts?

Lee DeRaud
03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Based on what I've seen on other forums, there will still be the same number of "what should I buy" threads when the dust settles. The only difference is that post #2 of each thread will be something along the lines of "read the sticky thread, dude" and post #3 will be roughly "I did, but my situation is unique" (it won't be, but so it goes). Trust me on this.

Mike Null
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
I think Lee has it about right.

Dan Hintz
03-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Yep........

Walt Langhans
03-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah I kind of thought that might be the case as well, but I figured I'd ask

Martin Boekers
03-18-2013, 12:36 PM
We see it everyday :) It's amazing how many don't use the search function here, just an enigma...