PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

Alexander J Brady
05-09-2005, 3:11 AM
Greetings from the UK.

I have had a number of visitors to my site over the last couple of weeks through SMC. I think they have an interest in the photo of hand cut dovetails, but I cannot yet pick up the thread.

However I thought it would be nice to say hello and welcome.

Alex Brady

Martin Shupe
05-09-2005, 3:48 AM
Alex,

Welcome to SMC.

I don't know which thread either, but if you use the search button, and put in "dovetails", I am sure you can find it. There was a thread within the last week about "super skinny DT pins", which might be it, but I am not sure.

Hand cut dovetails will also appear more in the Neanderthal Forum, than in the General Woodworking and Power Tools. However, I think the search button will look in all the forums. I know the "new posts" button does.

Welcome aboard, we have several international members here. SMC is very friendly and you will be amazed at some of the talent here.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-09-2005, 8:16 AM
Alex....Welcome to the 'Creek! Neat place to exchange information! From beginners to professionals they are all here with a common love of woodworking and always willing to exchange information and opinions. Again...Welcome!

Mark Singer
05-09-2005, 8:41 AM
Alex,

I used your dovetail picture as an example for the question on skinny dovetails. I searched "dovetail" under Google Images and it was the best example....if you read the post someone thought it was mine....wish I could say it was! I didn't remember the craftstmen....but I remebered my source, google...
They are beautiful and welcome...Here is the post...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=19681&highlight=skinny

Here is the Google page where they appeared:

http://images.google.com/images?q=hand+Dovetails&hl=en&lr=&start=80&sa=N

Rob Littleton
05-09-2005, 9:57 AM
Welocme to the Creek Alex.

Neat place and neat blokes and lots of info.

I was a local to you 10 years ago, I lived in Loughton most my life. Saw the light and got the heck outta there to sunny Arizona.

Glad you could make it to the creek.

Ted Shrader
05-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Alex -

Welcome to the Creek. Glad to have you aboard. This is a great place to exchange information with a friendly group of people.

Welcome,
Ted

Jason Tuinstra
05-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Alex,

I recall seeing the picture of the dovetails that Mark posted. Very nice! Hope you make your way back to SMC on a regular basis. You'd be a great contributor to this excellent forum. Welcome!

Jason