PDA

View Full Version : Trouble creating paragraphs...

Harold Burrell
03-18-2013, 9:32 AM
For some reason (and this has been just in the last few days) I cannot "space down" with the "Enter" key while posting. If I am typing a post, all I can do is one big paragraph. I space down in any other application, just not here. Any ideas???

Sam Layton
03-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi Harold,

I just had this problem a few days ago. Look down a few posts to my post, Can not make paragraphs. Darius had the fix. Follow his instructions and I think that will fix you up.

Sam

Harold Burrell
03-18-2013, 7:58 PM
Hi Harold,

I just had this problem a few days ago. Look down a few posts to my post, Can not make paragraphs. Darius had the fix. Follow his instructions and I think that will fix you up.

Sam

Oh
boy!
It's
Fixed!!!
Thanks!!!
:D

Baileigh Inc
03-18-2013, 8:59 PM
I have has the same complaint, but cannot see your fix. Can you put a link please?

Sam Layton
03-18-2013, 10:05 PM
It's an IE10 issue.

1. Right click on the top bar within IE10 and check, Menu bar
2. then select Tools/Compatibility View Settings
3. Check, Display All Websites in Compatibility Mode

Info provided by Dariusl

Sam

Harold Burrell
03-19-2013, 10:43 AM
It's an IE10 issue.

1. Right click on the top bar within IE10 and check, Menu bar
2. then select Tools/Compatibility View Settings
3. Check, Display All Websites in Compatibility Mode

Info provided by Dariusl

Sam

Yeah, I would have NEVER figured that out on my own...

Baileigh Inc
03-19-2013, 2:53 PM
is it a windows 8 thing?

Sam Layton
03-19-2013, 9:21 PM
I don't know it is Windows 8 related or not. I have Windows 7, and just upgraded to IE10 when my problem started. I followed the instructions given by Darius and the problem was solved.

Sam

Harold Burrell
03-20-2013, 11:08 AM
OK...I ran into a bit of a problem with the changes I made in regards to this issue. As in, I couldn't view other sites properly (ie. mlb.com). So I reverted to the previous settings. MLB.com came up OK after that, but I also returned to no paragraphs here at SMC. So...I simply added SMC to the Compatibility View Settings list and...

tada...

It seems to be working!