Jim Barrett
03-17-2013, 9:37 PM
This is from the Seattle CL:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/atq/3634992608.html
Anyone seen one of these before?

Jim

Dave Zellers
03-17-2013, 11:58 PM
That is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Reminds me of those one man band guys with cymbals on their knees.

Where's the lathe?

Lee Schierer
03-18-2013, 8:29 AM
I have essentially the same drill press in a bench mount model. It appears that the saw mounted one flips down when you want to use the saw. I wouldn't want to do that often. I think I would remove it from the saw and mount it to a work bench.

Rod Sheridan
03-18-2013, 9:18 AM
Yes, my friends father has one, still works great. It's the type of combination machine that shares a motor, just like my jointer/planer.

The flip up drill press reminds me of the flip up stock feeder on my combination saw/shaper, same idea except they don't share a motor, the saw, shaper and feeder all have their own motor.

Regards, Rod.

Charles Wiggins
03-18-2013, 10:04 AM
That is a Delta Rockwell Homecraft set. They made several variations in the post-war era. It was a precursor to the Shopsmith series of "All-in-one" wood shop tools. I "inherited" the table saw and jointer from my dad. He bought them used before I was born. He also had a disc sander that mounted on top of the table saw over the arbor but I am not sure what happened to it. Got the drill press from a fellow woodworker who acquired it from his dad. Never used it though. Sold the whole kit and caboodle a few years back. At the time it was the stuff for the space-challenged home wood shop.