PDA

View Full Version : FS Laser Professional Series CO2 20x12 Laser. Good or Not?

James Noe
03-17-2013, 8:08 PM
I am new to the laser etching business. Love this forum. OK here is the problem, Want in but limited funds. Big Three are out of range mostly. Was looking on EBay today and saw ad for FS Laser in Las Vegas. They had a Professional Series CO2 20x12 Laser with RetinaEngrave 3D Ethernet that is 60 watt ($2000 option for 90W) with options at $8495. I see the price is pretty good but is it a good unit.
There are several lenses available 1.5", 2.0", 5.0" and a basic chiller ($600) with Radiator and pump. There was a advanced chiller for $1200 that said it was for the 90 watt use for more than 2 hours straight. One thing I did not see was any tech specs for DPI, Speed and such.
Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Thanks
Jim

Gary Hair
03-17-2013, 8:32 PM
search for "fs laser" and "full spectrum" and you'll find the answers you are looking for...

James Noe
03-17-2013, 8:32 PM
OK So I didn't do a good job of forum search. I just found some of the horror stories about this companies customer service and bad shipping practices. I just am not quite ready for the Chinese direct ordering experience yet. Don't know who, what , how to get everything right at this point.

Ray Beaty
03-17-2013, 9:17 PM
Talk to John Kaspar at Hurricane Laser located in Las Vegas, they have excellent lasers, excellent customer service and excellent prices on their Chinese lasers. I have a 60w Ivan and it couldn't be any better.

Rodne Gold
03-18-2013, 2:10 AM
If you are contemplating paying almost $10k for a 20 x 12 laser , I would look at a used or ex demo american made one. You might even be able to get new for just a little more. Especially a show special..
An equiv chinese machine to what you are contemplating would be less then $4.5 if you bring it in via a broker..you would probably get as good or even better support if you bought from one of the reputable suppliers...read the sticky thread at the top of the forum..

Jerome Stanek
03-18-2013, 6:42 AM
Scott fro rabbit lasers is on here and has helped others out he is located in Ohio

Dan Hintz
03-18-2013, 7:42 AM
James,

What's your budget?

Bert Kemp
03-18-2013, 9:42 AM
If you read the horror stories about Full Spectrum Customer service then that alone must tell you their machines are JUNK. They fail and then you get no HELP, all you get is RUDE replies from Henry saying its your fault their machine broke down. Yes I got a hobby laser for 2350 its broke down now 3 times and I got over 5000 into it running it back and forth to Vegas to get it fixed and now they refuse to fix it anymore or to honor their warranty on parts that are still covered and will be covered for another 4 or 5 months, not that it will do me any good because they will not honor their warranty.
I would also check with Mike at Turnkey Laser, he's in MI so I think he's closer then Vegas to you. He has some good machines in your price range and I have heard good things about him and his support.

Bert Kemp
03-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Also if you look close that laser your looking at doesn't look much more then a beefed up hobby laser with a couple extras thrown in to jump the price a couple grand.

Roy Nielsen
03-18-2013, 10:11 PM
I am new to the laser etching business. Love this forum. OK here is the problem, Want in but limited funds. Big Three are out of range mostly. Was looking on EBay today and saw ad for FS Laser in Las Vegas. They had a Professional Series CO2 20x12 Laser with RetinaEngrave 3D Ethernet that is 60 watt ($2000 option for 90W) with options at $8495. I see the price is pretty good but is it a good unit.
There are several lenses available 1.5", 2.0", 5.0" and a basic chiller ($600) with Radiator and pump. There was a advanced chiller for $1200 that said it was for the 90 watt use for more than 2 hours straight. One thing I did not see was any tech specs for DPI, Speed and such.
Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Thanks
Jim

Hi James,

I live in Moore. Pretty much a newby myself, but willing to show what I have and what I've learned in the past couple months.

Roy