PDA

View Full Version : Can someone confirm if corregated knives can be run in a Woodmaster?

dirk martin
03-17-2013, 1:20 PM
Can someone that has a Woodmaster, tell me if I can run corregated moulding knives in it, for trim work?
I'm finding conflicting information, and would like to hear if anyone runs corregated knives, or if that's a no-no....

David Kumm
03-17-2013, 1:36 PM
Can someone that has a Woodmaster, tell me if I can run corregated moulding knives in it, for trim work?
I'm finding conflicting information, and would like to hear if anyone runs corregated knives, or if that's a no-no....

Dirk, best to contact WM. They may have changed designs. My 712 runs 60 degree corrugated back knives but on a full planer head. To be easy to set, the knives they need some method of indexing. Williams Hussey uses indexing holes, shapers use CB heads although not all are 60 degree. You also need the correct gibs as knives come in thicknesses from 1/4,5/16, and 3/8. Their newer system had a bar that you put smaller heads on. I'm sure they could make one or two to fit your knives, depending on how deep the back of the knives are. If you have to have the knives cut down it will probably get too expensive. Dave

Jerry Miner
03-17-2013, 2:01 PM
I run corregated knives on a Woodmaster---in their optional corregated head. Call Woodmaster. They will help you get set up for this.