PDA

View Full Version : The EZ Ridgitainer!

Pete Harbin
05-08-2005, 10:12 PM
A while back I was lamenting the fact that my Ridgid CS didn't fit in it's case with the EZ Smart Base installed. Jeff Sudmeier recommended slicing and dicing the case, since most of it is just empty space anyway. Well, Jeff wins the MacGuyver award! :D It did take a couple of hours of trimming, fitting, trimming, fitting...and then a little more trimming, and finally BINGO!
Here it is...case closed!

Jeff Sudmeier
05-09-2005, 8:31 AM
Pete, Glad to hear that you were able to cut some of the plastic away to make your saw fit. I ended up not having to for mine. However, I have cut into empty spaces in many tool cases to store extra goods such as drill drivers and bits.

Kelly C. Hanna
05-09-2005, 8:44 AM
I got rid of all my solid containers and swapped over to bags....best thing I have ever done. Plenty of room for accessories and packs better in the old truck!

Frank Pellow
05-09-2005, 8:56 AM
Well done Pete! I will have to examine a couple of my cases and see if I can make similar improvements.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-09-2005, 9:01 AM
Frank, when you are doing that, consider what accessories you carry with the tools in the cases. For example, with my cordless kits I used to carry drill bits and a set of drivers. I was able to cut into empty spaces in the plastic to store the drill bit and driver cases. That way I would always take them with me and not forget them all the time!

Now I have a bag for my cordless kit so I just throw them in with.

Frank Pellow
05-09-2005, 9:09 AM
Frank, when you are doing that, consider what accessories you carry with the tools in the cases. For example, with my cordless kits I used to carry drill bits and a set of drivers. I was able to cut into empty spaces in the plastic to store the drill bit and driver cases. That way I would always take them with me and not forget them all the time!

Now I have a bag for my cordless kit so I just throw them in with.
Jeff, room for accessories is excactly why I would undertake these modifications. But, I still need to check to see if there is any case that I can improve this way.