PDA

View Full Version : Shop Tour!

Corey Hallagan
05-08-2005, 8:43 PM
Ok, so I jumped the gun a little. Actually, I am about to begin a shop makeover. I have five days off and the next weekend. I have alot to do as you can see in the photos in the link. Think of this as one of those home maker shows only my neighbor isn't involved, I am the designer, carpenter and the decorator. I hope to be able to post the "after" photos this time next week. See the photos in the link to see how much work I have to do. Okay, the clock is ticking!
http://www.gpxd.com/Woodworking/ShopMakeover.htm
Thanks,
Corey

Frank Pellow
05-08-2005, 9:04 PM
Corey, you have set yourself a great challenge. I wish you a productive and happy week and I am looking forward to the AFTER pictures.

(I am going to be helping to re-shingle three different roofs this week -would much rather be working on your project.)

Corey Hallagan
05-08-2005, 9:16 PM
Thanks Frank, and I would too!! I can feel your back pain!

Corey

Jim Becker
05-08-2005, 9:39 PM
Cory, I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of your shop makeover...and hope you'll post intermediate pictures, too. There is always a lot of learn from such things!

Corey Hallagan
05-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks Jim, good idea on the intermediate photos. I will do that. Up and at'em at 6.00 am. Heck, I don't get up that early when I go to work!

Corey

Bart Leetch
05-09-2005, 1:37 AM
Hi Corey

Well you've got your work cut out for you......

Am I just imagining things or do you need more lights in your shop?

John Hart
05-09-2005, 7:12 AM
Corey,

I just love going back to my Before and After pictures...You're gonna love it! Good luck this week.

Kelly C. Hanna
05-09-2005, 7:43 AM
Lookin' forward to your remake. I used to have a 12x16 shop....it was a challenge! Good luck with yours!

Corey Hallagan
05-09-2005, 8:43 AM
Bart, yes definitely need more light. The photos turned out bad and made it look even worse.

Corey

lou sansone
05-09-2005, 8:53 AM
well it is about time! ;)

best wishes and we are looking forward to all of those great pictures. Did the boss authorize sufficient funds to cover all of the things you will find that you just can't live without?

lou

Corey Hallagan
05-09-2005, 7:20 PM
Well day one went well, got the rehab to the workbench done, turned out just like I wanted it to and just as I stood back to look at it the UPS truck showed up with my new Shop Fox wood vise. So I will install that in the morning. Got lots of cleaning and junk throwed out as well, sorted through materials etc and got the bases to the cabinets assembled. Right exactly where I wanted to be. Tommorrow.. the caracases to the cabinets.......uh if I can get out of bed :) Will post update photos tomorrow.

Corey

Roy Wall
05-09-2005, 7:44 PM
Well day one went well, got the rehab to the workbench done, turned out just like I wanted it to and just as I stood back to look at it the UPS truck showed up with my new Shop Fox wood vise. So I will install that in the morning. Got lots of cleaning and junk throwed out as well, sorted through materials etc and got the bases to the cabinets assembled. Right exactly where I wanted to be. Tommorrow.. the caracases to the cabinets.......uh if I can get out of bed :) Will post update photos tomorrow.

Corey

Good job Corey!!!! Keep it going..............remember, there's always ADVIL:cool:

Dennis McDonaugh
05-09-2005, 9:27 PM
Corey, it looks like you have a big job in front of you, but you'll have a great shop when you're done. Can't wait to see the end result. Good luck.