PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for DW733 Dust Collection

Mark Duksta
05-08-2005, 6:38 PM
Hello All,

I'm in the process of hooking up my machines to my dust collection system. I need to get my Dewalt DW733 planer hooked up. I'd like to make my own hood with a 6" hook up. Have any of you made one of these? A picture would be great.

Mark

Tom Peterson
05-08-2005, 9:46 PM
I use the dust hood that came with it as part of the package. Works well, transitions from the rectangle to a round, exits to the right as you are facing the planner feeding in.

Mark Duksta
05-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I use the dust hood that came with it as part of the package. Works well, transitions from the rectangle to a round, exits to the right as you are facing the planner feeding in.

Tom,

How does the factory hood attach to the planer? I see two small screw holes.

Bill Lewis
05-09-2005, 6:05 AM
That's pretty much it. It uses the two small screws to attach the hood to the planer.

Bryan Nuss
05-09-2005, 7:40 AM
Mark, I just use the 4" hood that came with the planer. It has worked great, and the only time it plugs up is when I forget to open the blast gate! I wouldn't think that a 6" connection would make that much of a difference, especially since the planer doesn't make much dust, just shavings. I have a 1.5 hp Oneida cyclone.

Don't be too rough fitting the hood onto the planer or over-torque the screws when attaching the hood ... the hood fittings aren't that robust. DAMHIKT.

Bill Lewis
05-09-2005, 8:39 AM
Mark,

I have the same planer, and it used to work pretty well even with a shop vac. I now have an Oneida 2hp system, and I service the planer with a 5" drop. I use 5" hose and a 5x4 HVAC reducer at the factory hood. It pulls so much air through there that it whistles. I don't think you really need to run a 6" to the planer but if you must, just make the reduction at the machine.