PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to the Guy Selling Used Festools at half price

Ron Kanter
03-15-2013, 2:59 PM
I am one of those people who could be out a few hundred bucks.
Sure would like to know what other people have experienced and what solutions if any they found.
Why delete a thread that generated a LOT OF INTEREST and leaves many questions unanswered?
Keeping the thread up would be a service to members.

David Weaver
03-15-2013, 3:00 PM
He asked to have the thread closed.

Matt Day
03-15-2013, 3:02 PM
His posts all seemed a but fishy to me - almost too good to be true pricing on A LOT of nice stuff thats in demand and not replying to emails. I hope everyone comes out unscathed.

Jeff Bartley
03-15-2013, 3:04 PM
I saw the thread right before it was taken down.....looked like a bunch of folks were not happy! Hope nobody lost any $$ over this!

Julian Tracy
03-15-2013, 4:00 PM
I made a deal to buy the entirety of the Festool items minus the CT vac at his listed prices + shipping.

He's having a large rummage sale this weekend so I imagine he was quite busy. Though it sounds like he made a few tentative deals and then backed out, probably selling the entire lot without negotiating to one seller was preferable.

I've communicated enough with him that I had no concerns of it being a scam.

JT

David Weaver
03-15-2013, 4:04 PM
Until you sell about 20 things all at the same time on here, you never get a sense for how overwhelming it can get if you make that mistake - especially if 20 different people want those things at one time, and another 3 for each 1 comes out of the woodwork, too, because the price is too low.

I don't know the lister, and I'm not making excuses for him, but figured when those listings went up, it would turn into a frenzy.

Jim Matthews
03-15-2013, 4:35 PM
Even money says he was fishing for values to put on the tags, this weekend.

Steve Milito
03-15-2013, 4:51 PM
I am one of those people who could be out a few hundred bucks.
Sure would like to know what other people have experienced and what solutions if any they found.
Why delete a thread that generated a LOT OF INTEREST and leaves many questions unanswered?
Keeping the thread up would be a service to members.

Did you send money?

hai hong
03-15-2013, 5:19 PM
I made a deal to buy the entirety of the Festool items minus the CT vac at his listed prices + shipping.

He's having a large rummage sale this weekend so I imagine he was quite busy. Though it sounds like he made a few tentative deals and then backed out, probably selling the entire lot without negotiating to one seller was preferable.

I've communicated enough with him that I had no concerns of it being a scam.

JT

Hi Julian ,now I know why he back out of my deal with me ,I has a deal with him to buy all the Festool at his asking price shipped to me .He save the shipping fee buy selling to you .I don't think he was running a scam ,he probably realize his asking price was low by all the respond he got .He just went with whoever offer him the most .

Ron Kanter
03-15-2013, 5:37 PM
I made an agreement to buy the CT vac at his asking price plus shipping. Sent him the money by paypal immediately.
The fact that he agreed to sell all the Festool items minus the vac is encouraging.
He might really be overwhelmed by the response to the two lists of multiple tools.
I'd like to believe he is just digging his way out of offering good deals.
I have my fingers crossed.

Jeff Eichelberger
03-15-2013, 5:44 PM
Was this the same guy selling a bunch of Bessey clamps also?
Can't find his ad now

Steve Milito
03-15-2013, 6:09 PM
Was this the same guy selling a bunch of Bessey clamps also?
Can't find his ad now
I saw someone post that they would take all the clamps before the post was deleted