PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Rob Lee for a small bit of sanity this week.

Gary Herrmann
03-14-2013, 8:58 PM
It's been a loooong chaotic week. And it's only Thursday.

But, a package from LV arrived today containing the tool roll for the small plow irons.

Now, I don't have even half of them, but I was able to get all of my router plane irons fit in there too.

Ahhhhh.

Now, it's time for a beer and a book, since I'm still too wound up to concentrate on anything.

Chris Griggs
03-14-2013, 9:11 PM
Its in my shopping cart right now. I still am storing all my plow irons and accessories in their original boxes. Needless to say, this will be quite handy to have. I hope their is some room my my router irons as well.

Ryan Baker
03-14-2013, 9:44 PM
It's been in my cart all week. Now Rob added the free shipping to get me to push the button.

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
03-14-2013, 9:47 PM
I've been making my own tool rolls for a while now; but after biting on the saw file roll because of the included files, I'd be pretty tempted by that roll if I had the plow or something similar sized to store in it. Love to see pics, Gary, of how your router plane irons fit in it.

Gary Herrmann
03-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Free shipping? Nuts.

Josh, my son is playing fruit ninja on my phone, so pics are out for the moment.

Leave the larger pockets open for router plane irons. I got one in a 10mm pocket, but that was really tight. Needless to say, non working ends will be in the pockets.

I keep thinking of making myself some tool rolls. But a buddy does leather work, so I've been trading with him.

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM
I don't use 'em as much since making my tool cabinet (in fact, gave one of my nicer ones to my father) but I've been making them out of heavy duck cloth, and they've held up quite well. Leather work goes fairly quick once you get it down if you've got the right kit, but the duck cloth is nice since I can stitch on our machine, which won't handle much in the way of leather. (I suppose it could handle lighter weight stuff, but I have a lot of duck cloth, and no leather)

Rob Lee
03-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Gary -

Does this mean we can't nick you for the router plane blade roll when it comes out??? ;)

Cheers -

Rob

Chuck Nickerson
03-15-2013, 1:17 PM
Sanity? With free shipping, I'm about to spend $360 to save $11.

Thank goodness the new wooden rulers are out of stock.

Chris Griggs
03-15-2013, 1:35 PM
Sanity? With free shipping, I'm about to spend $360 to save $11.

Thank goodness the new wooden rulers are out of stock.

What I do during these events (or really any time I'm going to place and order anyway) is to place all the things I currently want the most in the cart at once and then delete the things I decide I want/need a little less, one at a time, until I get to the amount I want or can spend. At this moment I have 6 things in my cart and I'm running out of things to delete... this is where it gets hard... Of course, sometimes I add things back in and that makes the process even harder. Yes I actually do this...it usually takes me several days to finally hit the checkout button.

Ryan Baker
03-15-2013, 8:50 PM
Hi Gary -

Does this mean we can't nick you for the router plane blade roll when it comes out??? ;)

Cheers -

Rob

Yes please! Definitely need one of those.

Ryan Baker
03-15-2013, 8:52 PM
What I do during these events (or really any time I'm going to place and order anyway) is to place all the things I currently want the most in the cart at once and then delete the things I decide I want/need a little less, one at a time, until I get to the amount I want or can spend. At this moment I have 6 things in my cart and I'm running out of things to delete... this is where it gets hard... Of course, sometimes I add things back in and that makes the process even harder. Yes I actually do this...it usually takes me several days to finally hit the checkout button.

I do that too. Fill up the basket, then move everything I can live without to the "save for later" bin. The problem there is that I usually still end up about 4-5 times more than I want to spend. :)

Carl Beckett
03-16-2013, 8:27 AM
ohhh.... wooden rulers.... I better go look.

(see what behavior these type of posts cause...!)

Mike Cogswell
03-16-2013, 2:40 PM
I don't use 'em as much since making my tool cabinet (in fact, gave one of my nicer ones to my father) but I've been making them out of heavy duck cloth, and they've held up quite well. Leather work goes fairly quick once you get it down if you've got the right kit, but the duck cloth is nice since I can stitch on our machine, which won't handle much in the way of leather. (I suppose it could handle lighter weight stuff, but I have a lot of duck cloth, and no leather)

Make them out of old jeans. The heavy material holds up great and is free.

(Not my idea, I got it from Mary May the woodcarver.)

Richard Verwoest
03-18-2013, 11:58 AM
I received my cutter roll a few days ago. Very nice wat to store all those blades and other parts. One suggestion though Rob. Maybe add some reenforced eyelets so the roll could be hung? Just a thought....

Hoss