PDA

View Full Version : Paamuya Backlit

Alan Trout
03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I really hope you guys do not get sick of me posting these photos. This will be the last one for a while. This is my first day off in many a week so I have been playing a bit. I always talk about the translucency of my pieces so I figured I would try to back lite the piece to see how it would look in a photograph. Overall I think it is a pretty cool effect and I kind of like the photo. I could possibly expand on future photos. Just playing around, so let me know what you think.

Alan

bob svoboda
03-14-2013, 1:43 PM
That's really nice-unusual. I never get tired of seeing your posts-keep 'em coming. That color is outstanding.

Steve bellinger
03-14-2013, 2:01 PM
Alen that pic looks like glass. I think that's a great shot. Never get tired of great pieces.

William Tanner
03-14-2013, 11:31 PM
I must like it. Came back to look at it three times. Keep the pics coming.

Jeff Fagen
03-15-2013, 12:51 AM
I am always happy to see your work and really enjoyed seeing you and your work in person in Minnesota.

Kathy Marshall
03-15-2013, 2:35 AM
Looks great with the back lighting! It makes it glow!

Alan Trout
03-15-2013, 9:34 AM
Thanks everyone, It was kind of fun to play with the lighting. Next time I drag out the photo set up I have some ideas to make it better on pieces like this.

Alan

Bill Hensley
03-15-2013, 7:53 PM
Of the pictures you've posted that picture is by far the most effective method for capturing the beauty of the piece. At least to me it is....