PDA

View Full Version : best software for gravograph

Levi Chanowitz
03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Can someone please help?
I just bought a gravograph ls900? without the software.

Can the rotary Gravostyle software run the laser?
Do I need a dongle?
Can I use Universal, Epilog, or Xenetech Software. (I currently have xentech for my rotary engravers)
Can I print directly for Coreldraw without any other software?
Do I need a printer driver, where can I get it?
What would be my best and most economical route? (Are they ever the same?!)

Thanks for your help

Ross Moshinsky
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I have to ask, why did you buy the machine without the software sorted?

Anyway, you should be able to contact New Hermes/Gravograph and they'll supply you with a print driver for the laser for free. You should not need a dongle. Then you can use it with CorelDraw or a similar program. My experience with the print driver is that it's buggy but you should be able to make it work.

Levi Chanowitz
03-14-2013, 1:24 PM
The reason that I bought it was because it was a real sweet deal, and even with paying for the software, it would still be a sweet deal

Hermes Sandoval
12-14-2013, 1:35 PM
You can download it, i got 2 LS600 it's the same drivers, then you can use it as a printer. I work mainly with coreldraw. If you have trouble Googling it, I can email it to you.

Always happy to help.

Levi Chanowitz
12-15-2013, 10:32 AM
thanks
I got it from gravograph

BY the way. I have the ls 900 but I had to send the electronic box in 3 times for repair
The machine has only 75 hours on it and I used it only for a few hours in between repairs
twice the motor was bad.

Is this a good machine or does everyone have trouble with it?

Kev Williams
12-15-2013, 6:53 PM
My LS900 burned up the power supply at 124 months. Cost $1700 and my old one for a rebuilt. That's the only money I've spent on it (knock on my head) aside from paying for it.

You need a print driver, from there you can send anything to it from any program that allows you to print. I used Corel exclusively to run my ULS and GS machines for many years...