PDA

View Full Version : Stuff Happens

Ken Salisbury
05-08-2003, 8:12 PM
Went to the shop today to make some 1/8" cherry and poplar stock for some medallion logos for a customer. No big deal right? Wrong!. First of all my Grizzly 24" Drum Sander needed a new starter switch installed in the motor ( a chore I have put off for some time). Since my intent was to resaw some stock, rough plane it and then run it through the drum sander it seemed like the right time to replace the starter switch. Everything went well on the switch replacement. Everthing went well on the resawing, and planing then when I started to run the strips through the drum sander, lo and behold I blew the paper off of the input drum. And wouldn't you believe -- no more sandpaper for the drum sander. Back to the planer -- planed to 1/8", sanded with my palm sander --- and job finished. Like that old chinese philsopher once said "doo doo happens"

Bruce Page
05-08-2003, 8:37 PM
Ken,

If your Grizzly is anything like my Delta, it doo get your attention when the belt decides to let go!

Moses dragged us for 40 years through the desert to bring us to the one place in the Middle East where there was no oil. -- Golda Meir