PDA

View Full Version : Paamuya Re-Take

Alan Trout
03-13-2013, 9:27 PM
This was my Indian strait necked water jar that I finished in September or October. It was named for the Hopi August Moon. This was another one that the photos were awful. I went to the gallery yesterday to pick it up so I could see if I could get some better pictures of the piece.

It does look better. Still not perfect but the form and colors are much more visible now. Of course there is glare but this helps show off the glossy finish. At least that is my story.

This is one of my Acorn cap series pieces with a live oak burl rim. It is about 7 1/2" by 7" and maybe 3/16" thick. It is a really fun piece to look at in person as the light shines through.

Of course constructive critiques and cheers are always welcome.

Thanks, for looking

Alan

BILL DONAHUE
03-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Wow! i am totally impressed and had to immediately do a search for other acorn cap pieces. That is truly beautiful and puzzling as are the others I've seen in the search. Have you explained the process used to do this on this site yet? I'd bet a lot of us would be interested in it. Great job!

Dennis Nagle
03-13-2013, 11:18 PM
That is so cool looking. How did you make it....what is it? Good job!

Jerry Marcantel
03-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Good job again, Alan.... Jerry (in Tucson)

James Combs
03-14-2013, 2:08 PM
Very nice Alan. I have been wondering where you have been, hadn't seen a post from you for a few months.

jwjerry w kowalski
03-14-2013, 4:08 PM
That's really an eyecather, no idea how you do it, but it looks very nice and has that elegant look to it.

Michael Kellough
03-15-2013, 10:23 AM
That is so cool looking. How did you make it....what is it? Good job!

Construction thread here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?192420-Paamuya), cast resin body.