PDA

View Full Version : New Cool Epilog video

Ron Thompson
03-13-2013, 5:31 PM
Watch this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yEGIxOStVNs

I want to do this. Anyone have an idea of the speed and power settings you might use?

Ron

Dan Hintz
03-13-2013, 6:24 PM
It's darkening paper, nothing special... 100% speed and very low power, possibly a bit out of focus.

Jesse Anderson
03-13-2013, 7:35 PM
I have done this on a canvas material in the past.. U would convert it like u would any photo.. I am almost positive Dan is right. and if its not dark enough the first time just hit go again.. Nothing wrong with a second pass were u configure the power and settings to get it just right...

Chuck Jarrett
03-13-2013, 9:00 PM
It looks more like canvas to me, at any rate there are so many things you can do. Isn't life fun! I am new on this forum, and I just have to say I can not believe how helpful you all are to each other---nothing short of awesome.

Vicki Rivrud
03-13-2013, 10:09 PM
We used heavy brown craft paper and made gift wrap from the kids at Christmas.

Worked out great.

Vicki

paul mott
03-14-2013, 3:42 AM
This may be of interest to others...

A small group of us have been experimenting with different materials and software (GCode based) for reproducing 8 bit greyscale images.
These were recently laser produced on artist’s canvas by two of the members and posted on our forum.

Paul.

Vicki Rivrud
03-16-2013, 9:54 AM
Hi Paul,
These are great but how to you make the file laser friendly?? A non-gcode laser.

Vicki

paul mott
03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi Vicki,

I am not sure exactly how you would go about doing this with any particular, proprietary, laser machine (our machines are home constructed).

Basically an 8 bit image comprises of pixels with a value between 0 and 255.

The two different methods currently being used are…

Varying laser power intensity according to pixel value whilst maintaining a constant raster feed-rate.
Using a constant laser power density and varying the raster feed-rate according to the pixel value.

Both methods have produced similar results.

The material being used has to be able to accept ‘shades of grey’ and before the artist’s canvas was tried the previous work was mainly with wood (the cheap, paint backed mirrors have also been shown to work well when reverse engraved although we are not all agreed as to exactly just why it works yet).

Paul.

Vicki Rivrud
03-16-2013, 7:05 PM
Hi Paul,
I thought as much.

Thanks
Vicki

Neil Pabia
03-17-2013, 11:53 AM
I just tried this with a piece of scrap canvas and it came out pretty good. I used 100 speed and 30 power on my Helix.

jordan djeu
03-19-2013, 9:55 PM
her name is Dana Tran

Kris Jorgensen
04-19-2013, 9:45 PM
Watch the video again. After the girl removes the frame from the laser. The right side wood frame close to the top is burned / charred pretty good.