PDA

View Full Version : I am lost trying to order transfer tape.

Joe Hillmann
03-13-2013, 3:46 PM
I asked a question awhile back about using transfer tape to prevent smoke damage on the surface of what I am cutting in the laser. I am finally getting around to ordering it. I want to lay it over 18x32 sheets of plywood when I am cutting it and it was suggested I get a medium tack, paper transfer tape. When I look online I can only find medium tack in clear which I assume is plastic, and in paper I can only find high tack. Can someone help me out here and point me towards a 18" or 20" wide roll of medium tack paper transfer tape? I assume it is out there but I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Scott Shepherd
03-13-2013, 3:56 PM
Fellers dot com. You want paper, without question. Fellers will cut it any width you want it. Get it 1-2" wider than you need so you don't have to be perfect in putting it on.

Joe Hillmann
03-13-2013, 4:19 PM
Thank you Scott, I just got off the phone and ordered one roll.

Bill Cunningham
03-21-2013, 9:35 PM
I use heavy tack for everything.. It sticks to stuff that medium wont, and works as a sandblast mask for quick jobs..Never any problem to remove..

Todd Schwartz
04-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Joe,

I ended going to a local sign supply shop, they had a variety of tacks and will cut it to whatever width you want. I also go with the high tack, seems to stick better, especially when cutting out pieces.

Todd

Mike Null
04-10-2013, 7:09 AM
High tack transfer paper is not as sticky as you might think and it is the only kind I use.

Joe Hillmann
04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
I ended up going with a medium tack paper. It doesn't stick to unfinished wood and it sticks to well to wood that is finished and sanded. Once I run out of it I will try a low tack paper.

Bill Cunningham
04-11-2013, 9:45 PM
If you squeegee down high tack it will stick to well sanded unfinished wood, but I never work on unfinished wood. I can't imaging using light tack, the vent may blow it off of some items.

Mike Null
04-12-2013, 6:59 AM
Joe

Before you buy light tack get some free samples from one of your suppliers. I find it to be worthless.