PDA

View Full Version : Min Max Power setting in RDCAM

Walt Langhans
03-13-2013, 1:42 PM
Hi all,

When setting the power in RDCAM 6.0.08 I have the option to set a minimum and a maximum power % for each color I don't get this.

1/ Why would I want to vary the power?
2/ How would that laser know when to use the min vs the max power?
3/ Would it only use the min or the max, or would any power % between the two numbers be used?

Thanks!

Khalid Nazim
03-13-2013, 2:41 PM
As I understand, the min/max is used when you want to do "3D" engraving on Shenhui. You can create a greyscale raster image and RDCAM will vary the laser power from min to max value based on the greyscale level. You would also need to check the box in the raster dialog box for direct output.

Regards
Khalid

Walt Langhans
03-13-2013, 3:09 PM
As I understand, the min/max is used when you want to do "3D" engraving on Shenhui. You can create a greyscale raster image and RDCAM will vary the laser power from min to max value based on the greyscale level. You would also need to check the box in the raster dialog box for direct output.

Regards
Khalid

Ahhh... ok that would make sense then. Thanks :)

Rodne Gold
03-13-2013, 5:01 PM
I think it has to do with how the power varies when the head slows down like on corners and curves IE the max would be used on straights and the min on corners so it doesn't overburn the corners as the laser slows for them , a sort of ramp control if you will... I think it works in raster mode as well as the head slows down at the ends of its travel to start the return stroke.

Walt Langhans
03-13-2013, 5:46 PM
I think it has to do with how the power varies when the head slows down like on corners and curves IE the max would be used on straights and the min on corners so it doesn't overburn the corners as the laser slows for them , a sort of ramp control if you will... I think it works in raster mode as well as the head slows down at the ends of its travel to start the return stroke.

That's what I originally thought as well, but I only tried it vectoring and it doesn't seem to make any difference there, ie I do a something at 30% power then at 15 - 30 it comes out looking the same.

john banks
03-15-2013, 7:42 AM
Does RDCAM 6 work with the white plastic case enclosed board that came with RDCAM 5 January 2012 or does it need an upgrade? Does v6 add anything useful?

Walt Langhans
03-15-2013, 8:29 AM
Does RDCAM 6 work with the white plastic case enclosed board that came with RDCAM 5 January 2012 or does it need an upgrade? Does v6 add anything useful?

I don't know, this is my first version of the software.