PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Question

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-13-2013, 10:59 AM
I am posting here because . . . this is where I have always posted and I don't get as many answers when I post in other areas.

I have Corel X6 and Corel X4 on my computer, and I use them both. All of a sudden I can't print from Corel X4, can anyone tell me what might be going on? I did the restore, F8 and it still will not print from X4. At first I thought it was a certain file, then I tried others and it just will not print from X4, it just sits there spinning, then it says "not responding" and I finally have to go in and kill it. HELP please?

Steve Busey
03-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Hard to say without more info:

Windows (which?) or Mac?
Have you looked at/cleared out the printer queue?
Rebooted?
Checked your cables from the PC to laser?

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear on that one . . . at all : (

I am printing to a regular printer, Windows 7, prints fine from CD X6, cables are fine, rebooted yes.

zll

Lee DeRaud
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Sounds like you have both X4 and X6 installed...DLL version conflict maybe?
Did it ever work after you installed and/or printed from X6?

EDIT: is this 64-bit Windows 7 and, if so, is the 64-bit version of X6 installed?

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Yes, it has always worked up until yesterday?

Larry Bratton
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
When this happens, what do you do next? When I print from X4 and Windows 7 I get a little printer icon in the bottom task bar. I can mouse over that and it tells me if I have have any documents pending. Do you get this icon? If pending, you should open the que and delete the document before you try again.
Also do you have both X4 and X6 open at the same time?

Mark Sipes
03-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Did your system Win7 do any updates?

Martin Boekers
03-13-2013, 3:21 PM
Just a long shot....... check your properties and make sure the printer icon is on, so
in case you inadvertantly set it to off, that will stop an object from printing.

Bert Kemp
03-14-2013, 9:31 AM
I've had Instances were I hit the print button and it did nothing, I found that it was telling it to print to some other printer, like the laser when the laser was off. one time I had a duplicate printer don't know how that happened but it wasn't the designated printer so nothing happened. I would go into your control panel and see what printers are designated .