PDA

View Full Version : Question for Unisaw Experts

Jim Tabor
03-12-2013, 6:21 PM
I’m refurbishing a 34-450 Unisaw and have it disassembled for cleaning and bearings. I cannot determine if the motor bracket/shaft assy is supposed to swivel within the yoke, or does the key hold it in a fixed position. Thanks for the help.

John Piwaron
03-12-2013, 6:58 PM
I just checked mine. I have a 36-L300. On mine the motor is attached at the bottom of the bracket with a pin and a bolt. Arranged to rotate on the pin and be locked in place with the bolt. That adjusts the tension on the drive belts. The entire motor/bracket assembly then rotates on a big bolt above when the blade is raised and lowered. I think this detail would likely be the same on all Unisaws. But maybe not. :)

Jim Tabor
03-12-2013, 7:10 PM
John,
I think you are correct. If the motor bracket/ shaft assy did not swivel within the yoke, the blade would not raise or lower. Or am I still missing something?

John Piwaron
03-12-2013, 7:12 PM
I think you're right. Do you have the exploded parts diagram? That always helps me.

Jim Tabor
03-12-2013, 8:12 PM
John,
Thanks again for you’re help. It’s so obvious I feel a little stupid. My only excuse is that while I was trying to figure it out, I was trying to get collars on my two Labs to take them to the Vet. I’m getting too old to do more than one thing at a time.