PDA

View Full Version : He who hesitates... (a.k.a. Felder/Hammer raised their prices)

Brad Swanson
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
I am (or was) really close to pulling the trigger on an Hammer A3 31 J/P and maybe an N4400 bandsaw, so I was quite excited to see their "Spring Promotion" email today. I was quickly much less excited when I saw that the prices for these 2 pieces of equipment went up $200 and $300 respectively compared to the price prior to the spring promotion. I even called their HQ this morning to ensure I had the appropriate 240V circuits installed in the workshop and about a month ago went to the woodworking show in Milwaukee to get my hands on them prior to committing. Oh well.

Brad

Rod Sheridan
03-11-2013, 1:28 PM
Oh well, just order them now or there will be another price increase...........Rod.

David Kumm
03-11-2013, 1:44 PM
Hammer had very good introductory pricing on some machines to attract people to the brand. Was not meant to last and considering the fact our monetary policy suppsorts a weak dollar, foreign prices will continue to go up. Waiting is dangerous. Dave

Brian Matzke
03-11-2013, 3:01 PM
I am looking at the Hammer site now and they still show the $1,995 introductory price for the N4400. If you are that close to ordering, I would think they would honor it. JMO...

Jim Andrew
03-11-2013, 7:26 PM
I'd be calling and trying to buy for the old price too. We are in for some tremendous inflation because of all the printing of money by the Federal Reserve. So I'd be trying to get my toys now. Already bought my new toys, Christmas sale.

Rich Riddle
03-11-2013, 9:49 PM
The price for the newly released Felder 510 bandsaw is a few hundred less than was on their site until this promotion. You might consider that band saw instead of the N4400.

Gregory Stahl
03-11-2013, 10:08 PM
I have lost interest in Felder because their pricing seems to be out of control. Got some quotes from Sam at Mini Max and was pleasantly surprised to see the prices similar to what they were a couple of years ago--at-least for the machines I am interested in.

Erik Loza
03-11-2013, 10:33 PM
I have lost interest in Felder because their pricing seems to be out of control. Got some quotes from Sam at Mini Max and was pleasantly surprised to see the prices similar to what they were a couple of years ago--at-least for the machines I am interested in.

Cannot comment on any other Euro manufacturers but our pricing has been very stable for the last year or two. In other words, I have not seen any of the "price increase coming soon" emails that we saw between 2005-2010. The Dollar-to-Euro exchange rate has actually been quite stable for the last couple of years, which makes life easy for both me and for the customer. But that is just us and Italy might be different than Austria.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

David Kumm
03-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Cannot comment on any other Euro manufacturers but our pricing has been very stable for the last year or two. In other words, I have not seen any of the "price increase coming soon" emails that we saw between 2005-2010. The Dollar-to-Euro exchange rate has actually been quite stable for the last couple of years, which makes life easy for both me and for the customer. But that is just us and Italy might be different than Austria.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

I think that means the countries are all devaluing their currencies at about the same rate. Countries in debt like inflation. Dave

Jim Andrew
03-12-2013, 12:22 AM
You can really tell what is happening with inflation by watching prices from John Deere. I bought a near new tractor 4 years ago for 61,500, it is an '08, and there is a ad from a local dealer for a slightly used '12 for 180,000. The '12 is 1 size bigger than mine. At the time about 8,000 more. And my tractor has all the options.

Jim Barrett
03-12-2013, 12:38 AM
I am (or was) really close to pulling the trigger on an Hammer A3 31 J/P and maybe an N4400 bandsaw, so I was quite excited to see their "Spring Promotion" email today. I was quickly much less excited when I saw that the prices for these 2 pieces of equipment went up $200 and $300 respectively compared to the price prior to the spring promotion. I even called their HQ this morning to ensure I had the appropriate 240V circuits installed in the workshop and about a month ago went to the woodworking show in Milwaukee to get my hands on them prior to committing. Oh well.

Brad

I was told the N4400 won't be shipped to customers until July 1.

Jim

Steve Milito
03-12-2013, 8:39 AM
Anyone know anything about the K4 and how it compares it's more expensive brothers from Felder?

Jeff Monson
03-12-2013, 9:48 AM

Brad

If you were working with a salesman at Felder, they would have made you aware of the promo pricing on both machines, and the dates that the pricing was good for. If you went to a woodworking show to see the machines, why didnt you strike a deal in person? Hate to see you miss out on the pricing, but he who snoozes, looses.

C Scott McDonald
03-12-2013, 4:21 PM
If you were working with a salesman at Felder, they would have made you aware of the promo pricing on both machines, and the dates that the pricing was good for. If you went to a woodworking show to see the machines, why didnt you strike a deal in person? Hate to see you miss out on the pricing, but he who snoozes, looses.

Hammer gives you a quote that is good for 30 days I think. You are under no obligation to buy it when the quote is given. If you where that interested in them you should have talking to a sales person. I bought my K3 through Fergus Cooke and he is a good guy to work with if you need somebody there to talk to he is in the Sacremento office.

They might give you a discount from the website price call Fergus and ask.

C Scott McDonald
03-12-2013, 4:36 PM

I dont know about that. The hammer 16" a3-41 J/P $5200ish and the comperable Mini-Max 16" FS41 Classic is $6,300ish so not sure about Felder going out of control on their prices.

Not saying the mini-max is better or worse but thats a pretty big price difference.

Who knows they might have pricing presssure from the Euro or whatever.

Gregory Stahl
03-12-2013, 6:37 PM
I dont know about that. The hammer 16" a3-41 J/P $5200ish and the comperable Mini-Max 16" FS41 Classic is $6,300ish so not sure about Felder going out of control on their prices.

I don't know anything about these two machines, but see Hammer's retail is $6295. You must have gotten a quote on the Mini Max to compare too???

I have been watching the Dual 51 and the AD921. Both have increased considerably in the past two years.

David Kumm
03-12-2013, 7:20 PM

Not saying the mini-max is better or worse but thats a pretty big price difference.

Who knows they might have pricing presssure from the Euro or whatever.

Erik is the one to know but I don't think the comparison is apples to apples. The Elite is a heavier build than the Hammer. Dave

Erik Loza
03-12-2013, 7:47 PM
I am glad to explain cost differences from the manufacturing side of things to anyone who is interested, but this forum is not the place for that type of discussion. Folks can call or email me any time if they are interested in knowing more about that.

Thanks,

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

C Scott McDonald
03-12-2013, 9:39 PM
Erik is the one to know but I don't think the comparison is apples to apples. The Elite is a heavier build than the Hammer. Dave

You are confusing the mini-max FS41"classic" with the "elite" which are indeed to completely different models.

Either way buy what makes you happy!

David Kumm
03-12-2013, 10:57 PM
You are confusing the mini-max FS41"classic" with the "elite" which are indeed to completely different models.

Either way buy what makes you happy!

Yes, I misspoke. I still think the Classic is a heavier build than the Hammer. not claiming which is better, just the heavier castings. Dave PS. I see the weights of the two are comparable so they may be close.