PDA

View Full Version : No Gloat, paid full price, better than the alternative, see photos

Don Morris
03-11-2013, 6:58 AM
This is the new compressor that replaced my 30yr+ one that had a failed pressure switch. When a creeker sent in a photo of the same model that blew up, LOML and I decided not to repair the old one and I bought this one. Same features plus one better...an oil level sight glass. Really like that. This time I got a vertical model so I can put on an automatic electronic tank drain. The drain is on the bottom. The old one had a filter on the outlet tool line but that sat at the level of the compressor above the horizontal tank. It seems to me water is going to condense on the bottom and that's where the drain needs to be, and ultimately probably why the one in the photo blew! I think a vertical unit will let me most efficiently drain the condensate with the least accumulation of moisture at the tank bottom, plus, save space. The only drawback is, I was able to put the hosereel on top of the horizontal unit and the entire unit was then easily portable. I have a couple strategically placed 220v outlets. Now I've got to work out a sceme of where to place a ceiling mounted hose reel, in a low ceiling basement. The good news is, LOML likes the new compressor...it's a "pretty blue".

David Hostetler
03-11-2013, 9:45 AM
Holy Swiss Cheese! That's ummm. wow. Yeah, Wow is all I can say about that... That first pic is downright scary. That looks like maybe one of those Ingersoll Rang compressors I was looking at originally. That is truly scary...

Your new Puma, aside from the belt guard and paint color looks a lot like my Central Pneumatic 29 gallon compressor. I looked at the Puma on Amazon but couldn't find one locally... I hope you are half as happy as I am with the CP. It really is a good size. It will run every single tool I throw at it, including an HVLP gun.