PDA

View Full Version : Got the Dust Cobra up and running today.... and it sucks

Bill Huber
03-10-2013, 1:29 PM
When I was told I won the Oneida Dust Cobra I just could not believe it, I have never won anything and to win the Cobra, WOW.

It came in two large boxes, I pulled it out and set it up right in the garage just to check it out, it worked outstanding.

Then to the shop to see how I could get it set up in my little 12x16 shop that is full of stuff already. I just did not have the space to leave it on the wheel stand so I had to come up with another way. They do make a wall mount for it but it would stick out from the wall just to much.

I built a box from 3/4" and put some metal mounting brackets on it, bolted it to the wall and it is doing just fine. I had just enough space under the drill press motor for the Cobra, I did have to pull the drill press out about 2" but that is no big deal at all.

At this time I have the 2 1/2" going to 2 1/4" pipe but I think I will replace the 2 1/4" with something larger. I open my blast gate to the table saw and ripped some MDF and it suck all the dust, none on the floor under the saw like I have had with the shop vac. The Cobra just has so much more volume then the shop vac, plus it doesn't make as much noise as the shop vac did.

I would really like to thank everyone at the Creek for this awesome DC system, it is more then I could ever ask for, for my little shop.

256588 256589 256590

Ken Fitzgerald
03-10-2013, 2:52 PM
Congratulations my friend! May it serve you well!

daniel lane
03-10-2013, 3:27 PM
Ummmm....ditto what Ken said! (Can't really improve on that...)

Phil Thien
03-10-2013, 3:30 PM
I didn't realize you were using a shop vac for all you collection. That sort of makes you the ideal candidate for winning the Cobra. Congratulations!

Keith Outten
03-10-2013, 4:57 PM
Nice job on the Cobra install Bill.

Mike Heidrick
03-10-2013, 5:13 PM
Congratulations my friend! May it serve you well!

Perfect reply! +1

glenn bradley
03-10-2013, 5:24 PM
What a great upgrade. Fits in like it was made for you. Congratulations Bill!

charlie kapper
03-10-2013, 5:33 PM
will all you provide Bill, you certainly are deserving....

Charlie